Description of the Business Line or Department
The Corporate Communication team at Societe Generale UK is responsible for ensuring:
- The definition of the Communication strategy in the UK, in line with Societe Generale Group Communication.
- The promotion of Societe Generale’s brand, culture, values, and business expertise in the UK.
- The support of its UK business activities, principally in Financing & Advisory, Global Market and Investment Services, Private Banking, Vehicle Leasing and Fleet Management Services, and Equipment Finance
The Communication team is organised around two pillars:
• Press & Editorial
• Corporate Engagement
Brand, Sponsorship, Internal Communications, Events and CSR are part of the Corporate Engagement pillar. The Press & Editorial pillar includes Media Relations, Editorial and Social Media.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Working within a very busy press team, the primary purpose of this role is to promote, protect and raise the profile of business lines within the Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS) division.
The team works very closely with Group and regional GBIS media relations and COMM colleagues on proactive and reactive press, digital and editorial activities, including press releases, interviews, op-eds, thought leadership, social media, website content, messaging, Q+A's, statements, press strategy and organising press events/roundtables as appropriate.
The role involves close collaboration with heads of business and experts, along with GBIS COMM leads and an external PR agency, to identify key industry themes and trends and opportunities for comment and editorial content.
The role reports to the Head of UK Press & Editorial.
Summary of responsibilities
- Support business objectives within the global GBIS framework, with a focus on Global Banking & Advisory business line
- Work in close collaboration with wider COMM team to adopt a 360 degree approach to maximise exposure internally, externally and via social media and web channels for promotion of deals, op-eds and award wins
- Align with marketing and communications plans to raise visibility of transversal themes and key priority sectors, such as ESG/ sustainable finance, mobility and TMT, by continuing to build and develop relationships with key UK press and spokespeople to raise awareness through various initiatives. This could include face to face meetings, telephone interviews, promotion of deals, case studies, thought leadership/op-ed opportunities, webinars, podcasts, or opportunities for market trend pieces
- Work closely with wider COMM team to co-ordinate social media activity and drive the strategy for the UK
- Help to co-ordinate high profile award submissions and arranging pitch interviews etc
- Provide strategic counsel and recommendations to the business lines to prepare spokespeople for journalist meetings – including media training/message development, and to flag and provide guidance for any positive or negative angles that may arise
- Measure impact of press activities and aligned to KPIs
- Continue to manage/develop relationships with colleagues across COMM functions and other key business stakeholders in Marketing, HR etc to ensure best practice and sharing of ideas and information.
- Contribute to important milestones and priorities defined at Group and GBIS level
- Support the Head of UK Press & Editorial on strategic planning and other core business lines within GBIS when necessary
To be considered for this role, we’re looking for someone who has considerable communication experience, particularly in media relations and digital media, or as an ex-journalist, and strong stakeholder engagement within large complex organisations. You’ll have had extensive experience in creating and delivering proactive press and digital media programmes and you’ll be an excellent writer who is not afraid to constructively challenge.
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Excellent attention to detail
Good working knowledge of banking industry and investment banking services
Solid network of media contacts
Digital and social media experience
Strong cooperation and teamwork
Results driven with strong proactive approach
Creative, innovative, and enjoys thinking outside the box
Excellent planning/prioritisation skills, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Crisis communication experience
Excellent interpersonal skills
Approachable, must have a ‘can do’ attitude
Why join us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender identity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.