• Product & Market Knowledge : Actively participate in training sessions & product teach-ins from across the EQD perimeter. Continually develop your core competencies through training and client/product initiatives. Develop a strong knowledge of the markets in our scope (in particular Listed and Equities markets in APAC), as well as cross-assets/cross-products.
Sales Talent, Origination & Account Management : To pitch the Global Markets platform, product & services, to identify/recruit/build relationships with clients, identify their needs and accompany them throughout the delivery of services and transactions; Significant client engagement (Frequent client calls/visits, Engaging with prospects, quick reactivity when opportunities arise) is expected from all Sales & Sales-Trading teams, in particular :
• To monetize our wider Global Markets Franchise
• To engage directly with client on questions relating to MARK products & markets, trading & market microstructure
• To be responsible for the complete life cycle of the client onboarding
• To develop/assist with marketing materials and highlight product differentiation
• Market Intelligence : Know the market, the needs of each client segment, what competitors do in terms of products/Services, as well as best practices – Provide feedback to management, other teams (Sales, Product, Trading, Support Functions) in order to improve capabilities & efficiency of the SG platform.
Team Work & Cooperation:
• Work closely and back-up other team members to ensure client business/service continuity, ensure effective team work with other teams such as sales, trading, product & marketing.
• Facilitate client meetings to support referrals/cross-selling, introducing experts/partners (Traders, Research, Product), develop dialogue with other teams regionally & globally
• Be a role model for junior staff (demonstrate drive and professionalism, lead by example)
• Support SG’s Culture, Diversity and Inclusion objectives
• Assist the team in all client roll outs and on-boarding, assist all client engagement
• Work with Support Functions (BMO, KYC, Onboarding, connectivity etc.) as a point person for the business unit in building client solutions
• Reporting and Transparency : Regularly report projects, meetings & actions to various parties involved in management, coverage and all other relevant stakeholders, provide timely update & information on client and meetings into iC or any other CRM tool, report to required managers and/or COO incidents or sensitive transactions as part of escalation, surveillance and supervisory responsibilities.
• Risk & Compliance Culture : Refers to Sales & Trading Handbook (as appropriate). Understand local rules and regulations of market(s) and comply with all internal guidelines pre- and post-trade (notably, but not only, such as KYC, credit pre-trade check, suitability check and process, appropriate and validated marketing documents by relevant stakeholders including Compliance department, appropriate legal documentation and regulatory requirements, SG internal execution and trading standards, margin policy, CVA and RAROC guideline, timely and appropriate booking of transactions, pre and final confirmation etc...), but also all the other general business guidelines such as gift and entertainment policy, information security guidelines and restrictions versus external or internal communication (especially when dealing with any confidential or private information, Chinese walled transactions, GILT listed deals…), Travel policy. Always refer/escalate all potential issues/internal or external incidents to management, COO and/or Compliance.
EQD PRIME success and profitability depends heavily on the quality of our operational processes & our Risk and Compliance Culture. Operational Risk & Compliance across all our workflows and processes requires everyone’s attention and vigilance throughout the year. Each MARK staff member is expected to contribute to improving our risk and compliance management.
• Transactional Procedures & Coordination : Closely coordinate with support functions (GBSU, Legal/Compliance), properly input deals in required systems, in an comprehensive manner, pay particular attention to the quality of data input and the kyc/onboarding/credit processes. Focus on keeping operational risks and errors close to zero.
• Code of Conduct : Ethical and operational conduct are more than ever central to our business. Ethical behavior, strict adherence to our code of conduct & values and individual responsibility are paramount to our success. These elements are the building blocks of a culture that is not only required by regulators and the Bank, but that is key to delivering the highest quality of products and services to our clients.
In addition, all team members in MARK are expected to behave professionally and ethically in all circumstances even in the absence of specific rules. The Group Code of Conduct can be found on https://mysocietegenerale-news.safe.socgen/en/page-code-de-conduite