X-One Core Team JD for Bangalore
• Preferable to have 10+ years of development experience (Could be less if the person has a good knowledge)
• Strong knowledge of .NET ecosystem (C#, WCF, Windows Services, WebAPI, Garbage Collector, run code side by side, COM/DCOM interactions)
• Good knowledge of the operating system mechanisms (Windows mainly) : process, multithreading, memory behaviors, network, IO
• Experience in Messaging System such as Tibco EMS, NATS, RabbitMQ and kafka. (Minimum know how on Middleware of Messaging : the person must know different types of MoM. An experience is preferable )
• Experience in Kibana/ElasticSearch
• Strong experience in any one of the SQL DBs (ex: Oracle, postgres, MS SQL) ( Strong experience in postgresql should be very interesting to help the teams to migrate from Oracle to Postgres)
• Experience in CI and CD, should be able to solve CI CD pipeline problems
• Strong problem solving and debugging skills
• Ability to share with other people / Ability to adapt the speech/writing to the listeners/readers
• Ability to challenge and get challenged on difficult problems, proposed solutions
• Interest and keenness to learn new technologies and apply them in the work
• Minimum know how Cloud migrations
• Should be extremely hands on and have individual contributor mindset
• Should have problem solving support mindset
• Not looking for managerial roles in near future
• Should be able to jump in to unknown tech stack quite quickly with no help
• Should be able to solve day to day unknown problems of the platform
• Should have open mindset to get challenged on solutions proposed by self
• Should have a mindset to challenge people on the solutions proposed by teams
• Should be able to communicate at all levels. SE’s to tech arcs without loss of information but yet understood by all
X-One Application background:
X-One is a front to back application which is responsible for the OTC derivatives right from trade capture to the end of the life cycle of the trades. It covers all OTC assets except commodities (will cover in future). Which means it covers Interest rate, Credit, Fixed income, Forex cash, forex option, Securities lending and borrowing, money market, equity assets. X-one has a 6000 active userbase consisting of Sales, traders, trade support units, back office operation users using the functionalities such as Risk, Trade capture, pricing, trade events, regulatory reporting, confirmation, settlements and accounting.
X-One is one of the biggest applications with more than 3M lines of code, 0.3M UTs, 20K Functional test which has been built by 300+ developers since ~15 years. Being so big X-One has one of the robust release process with right CI CD tools in place which enables us to deliver 8 major releases and 100+ patch releases every year.
ROLES and Responsibility:
To be part of the core team who is responsible to define the framework under which the assets team should use. To be able to define the best practices which assets teams should follow. Should be able to review the core file changes of X-One by all asset teams.in this process should be able to challenge people and should have open mindset to get challenged (As part of the Arc committee of X-One). Will be in charge of solving all technical issues with the platform right from maintaining the platform up and running to its performance problems. Will work with Paris core team on day to day basis in solving the platform issues and future X-One implementations.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC), a 100% owned subsidiary of European banking major Societe Generale (SG), Our role and purpose is to enable the strategic vision of Societe Generale Group. We are doing this by pioneering cutting edge innovation from Design Thinking to Smart Automation & Artificial Intelligence, and applying it to banking.
SG Global Solution Centre provides services in the areas of Application Development and Maintenance, Infrastructure Management, Business Process Management, and Knowledge Process Management, to Societe Generale's business lines around the world.
“We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status”.