Description of the Business Line or Department
GBSU is composed of talented professionals who every day translate ideas into action by combining the strength of our expertise in IT with a deep understanding of investment banking. Every day our teams are ensuring that we deliver the service our businesses need to compete and serve Société Générale's clients. Our objective is to deliver great production services in a well-controlled and cost-effective way, and to deliver competitive application systems that allow GBIS to grow its business in existing and new markets, launch new products and take advantage of new opportunities when they arise.
The Execution services Tribe in London provides full management of the trading platform, algorithmic trading and middle office applications used by Société Générale. The business supported is a full Cash Equities trading platform including Program, Care and DMA/DSA trading, and a full Listed Derivatives trading platform. This is a business requiring a strong technological platform to support the aims of growing both organically and through the introduction of new products.
The platform currently consists of in-house developed applications and components built around the vendor built Fidessa platform & Itiviti offerings.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
As a Support Analyst/Associate in a dynamic environment, you will be part of the global technical support team covering areas including:
- Supporting the front-office and middle-office users of the Investment Banking Division on the Cash Equity and Derivatives businesses.
- Working closely with both the front office users, technical teams, and vendors you will gain exposure/knowledge around the trading environment while building on your existing technical skills.
- Using analytical and communication skills to investigate and resolve Production incidents.
- Communicating key messages (incident alerts, resolutions, and summaries) with stakeholders (front office, management).
- With a good understanding of the business supported by X, innovate to improve the team’s way of working and enhance the end user experience.
Summary of responsibilities
- Level 1 and 2 support on dedicated applications.
- Pro-active monitoring of Production systems.
- Follow up on end-user requests.
- Escalate the incidents to the appropriate development team when required. Liaise with relevant IT teams regarding new functional and technical enhancements.
- Ensure the continuity of the business by building and maintaining a strong relationship with the local helpdesk-support team, the infrastructure teams, the regional production (APAC, AMER, India), as well as the project team.
- Strong written and verbal communication required with the end users.
- Follow the guidelines inherent to your support activities (call management/logging, incident management, problem management, Change management)
- Ensure regular follow-up with global activity through dedicated meetings if applicable
- Release management – communication, deployment, and post-release testing of application releases.
- Ensure all documentation is created, maintained, and shared with relevant teams.
- Provide high level of service, quality, and communication by industrialising / streamlining processes.
- Identify areas for improvement and lead/propose transformation of existing processes both for the business and our production services activities.
- Take part to transversal initiatives across our UK teams.