The role incumbent as Program Manager for DDS/ITF/ESM is responsible for providing
leadership and direction to technology teams handling Enterprise Service Management for the
group, longer term strategy in supporting DDS/ITF business plans globally and being a strong
supporting partner to other business lines represented in GSC.
The role incumbent, as Program Manager for DDS/ITF/ESM is specifically responsible for:
• Delivery and production oversight of DDS/ITF/ESM.
• Ensure that all projects remain on schedule and within budget
• Ensure establishment and deployment of strong quality control practices, based on industry
• Build and oversee strong stake-holder relationships. Establish a strong and effective working
relationship between DDS/ITF/ESM and other business lines
• Ensure that the required organization structure is in place, and resources are well deployed
and utilized to deliver objectives and vision
• Ensure financials are well managed and cost per FTE targets for DDS/ITF/ESM
• Promote a culture of constant evolution, innovation and innovative thinking, service and client
focus across DDS/ITF/ESM
• Ensure consistent monitoring of technology trends and working models, in the spirit of
continuous improvement and evaluate applicability to current perimeter
• Utilize metrics to influence efficiencies and improvement efforts across the perimeters,
driving an environment of continuous improvement in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Monitor progress of continuous improvement initiatives and take appropriate corrective actions
• Contribute to SG GSC global strategic transformation programs
Identify the SG technical competencies and job skills required in the employee's position:
• Strong academic background with a bachelors or masters in technology
• Investment banking experience and knowledge of finance domain is extremely critical
Abilities / Skills Required
• Strong analytical skills with an eye for detail
• Strong process & change management capabilities
• Strong stake-holder engagement & influencing skills in a matrix organization
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong verbal, written & presentation skills.
• Ability to mentor & groom
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status”.
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.