5 year(s) of experience working in a Software Develoment role.
In-depth understanding and working knowledge of SQL, scripting, and database (Oracle 12c), including performance tuning and optimization. (5 years or more)
• Solid understanding and working knowledge of the web-based development and system architecture utilizing Java technologies (3 years or more)
• Solid development experience and knowledge of UNIX and Windows technologies, including scripting, security and basic administration (5 years or more)
• Experience working with Reporting and Business Intelligence Tools
• Ability to define technical specifications based on client business requirements or functional specifications from business analysts.
• Strong analytical and debugging skills
Desired / Plus:
• Datawarehousing experience would be ideal
• Python scripting
• Strong use of concepts: Understands a situation or problem by putting the pieces together. It includes identifying patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, identifying key or underlying issues in complex situations, using creative conceptual, inductive reasoning to apply existing concepts to define innovative ideas. More intuitive than rational approach of situations or problems by first trying to find the abstract meaning of things rather than the concrete nature.
• Analytical capability: Strong analytical skills, follow-up capability and problem-solving ability. Able to break down complex problems into simple manageable units, develop solutions for each unit, and integrate them back into the whole. Can absorb ideas quickly and apply then pragmatically.
• Adaptability: Able to adjust to new environments, work effectively in varied situations and function in changing circumstances with a minimum of confusion or loss of productivity.
• Results oriented: Able to set goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources available to consistently deliver quality results.
• Strong interpersonal effectiveness: Team-oriented, client-focused and open to different ideas/viewpoints. Self-awareness of own behavior and work style, as well as tolerant of different needs and viewpoints. Interest in other opinions and shows consideration, concern and respect for other people feelings.
• Organization: Detail-oriented and organized. Used to distribute environment with teams scattered across multiple regions and time zones.
• Support: Level 3 Technology Production Services/Operations in dynamic, time-critical environments across multiple time-zones
• Experience working in a global / international financial IT environment, where there are a broad range of policies and procedures. Understand and follow the IT department rules, especially the Change and Release Management procedures. Possess first-hand experience working in a real Change and Release management environment.
• Experience with business analysis methodologies, processes and documentation standards
Desired / Plus:
• Experience in finance or corporate banking is a nice to have
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant technical field.
The Information Technology Department (“ITEC”) has worldwide responsibility for supplying Global Banking and Investor Solutions (“GBIS”) various divisions with all the IT resources necessary for them to function under competitive conditions in terms of technological standards, service quality and cost. ITEC is composed of talented professionals who every day translates ideas into action by combining the strength of our expertise in IT with a deep understanding of investment banking. Our teams are ensuring that we deliver the service our businesses need to compete and serve Société Générale's clients. Our objective is to deliver great production services in a well-controlled, high quality and cost effective way, and to deliver competitive application systems that allow GBIS to grow its business in existing and new markets, launch new products and take advantage of new opportunities when they arise. ITEC is responsible for facilitating entry to new markets, compliance with regulatory needs, growth in business volumes, and operational efficiency improvements in our overall front to back processing environment.