At the Montreal Solutions Centre (MSC), we develop software solutions for major financial centres in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
Our solutions must remain competitive to develop or consolidate our market shares, launch new products and seize opportunities.
Unlike other multinationals, we promote an Agile culture at an international level and across a domain of uncommon breadth.
For us, SQL, Angular and C# are just languages to express our ideas
We all share the same ambition and desire to grow; not knowing something is just an opportunity to learn and to cooperate.
We look for business partnerships to undertake complex challenges, and we take pride in the value we create.
We have the freshness and passion of FinTech tackling the challenges of a major international bank.
We believe that being a good developer requires a solid understanding of all aspects of the software development cycle and the business in which our software operates.
We also place great importance on communication, quality and constant improvement.
The team is in charge of the entire front-to-back chain, regarding digitization of purchases and sales of voice-traded financial products for the Equity space in North America, including stocks, options and derivatives. The team's main duty is to provide the following services: trade booking, sending reports to our regulators and integrating data into the back-office systems.
The responsibilities of the Analyst Programmer include the following:
- Producing new features. This doesn’t only mean writing code, but also making design/architectural decisions, testing, tracking quality-related metrics, and producing documentation.
- Demonstrating features to stakeholders and product owners to gain a solid understanding of the business and get feedback on work delivered.
- Participating in Scrum-related activities, such as daily stand-up meetings, backlog grooming, sprintretrospectives, and demos.
- Delivering software that meets our standards and providing operational support if necessary.
- Taking some time to enjoy yourself by either joining some of our existing communities or by creating new ones.
One of the main projects will be to completely rebuild the application. It is currently a complex application: C#, SQL and Old Frameworks with real-time components.
It must be transformed into a WEB/Angular service-oriented application (REST API) that allows our clients (front office, middle office and compliance) to carry out transactions on Canadian and US markets, as well as the reporting of our transactions to our regulators.
We are looking for a collaborator with a marked interest in finance and very strong communication skills. This person will act as analyst programmer with our predominantly Canada-based clientele.