Project Finance Senior Analyst / Junior Associate – M/W
Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Société Générale operates in Italy through different companies belonging to its three main core businesses: Retail Banking in France, International retail banking, financial services and insurance and Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services.
As a key pillar of the Société Générale Group’s universal banking model, SG CIB supports the economy by playing a key intermediary role, offering broad market access to issuers and smart investment solutions to investors. The service we bring to our corporate and financial institutions clients revolves around three main activities - investment banking, financing and markets - and our global franchises of equity derivatives and natural resources. For our clients we stand out because we are a trusted advisor with a worldwide leading engineering expertise and a quality product suite. In 1967 the Société Générale founded the first location in Milan.
We are looking for a new Project Finance Senior Analyst / Junior Associate to join the Italian Project Finance team in Milan, focusing on advisory and arrangement of non-recourse transactions in the Infrastructure and Energy space. You will support the team in originating and execution of advisory and financing transactions, aiming to quickly increase your degree of autonomy. The business flow will expose you to a wide variety of projects and allow you to grow in a highly dynamic and motivating environment.
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Support the team through all steps of the origination and marketing phases (preparation of marketing materials, credentials, pitches, indicative term sheets)
- Financial modeling: build and analyze cash flow models and run sensitivities
- Review due diligence materials (market, technical, insurance, legal, tax) and interact with relevant advisors in Q&A sessions
- Support in the structuring of the transaction: review of the key features of the term sheet and financial documents
- Be involved in all aspects of the credit process, including preparation of credit applications, internal rating and profitability tools
- Support the portfolio management activities (waiver, amendments, annual reviews)
- General support as required within Project Finance, including support to the administrative functions (liaising with DIR/COO team, Middle office)
- Track and monitor the business unit’s results
- New client on-boarding and periodic KYC checks
Studies & experience:
- Master of Science or Bac+5 in a related field, such as Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics
- At least 2-3 years of experience in project finance, investment banking, infrastructure, private equity funds, large corporates, auditing firms or advisory boutiques, with proven financial modelling skills
- Fluency in Italian and English
Technical, operational & Soft skills:
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package (advanced knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint is mandatory)
- Reliable and proactive self-starter
- Results and client-orientated
- Responsible and committed
- Very good attention to detail
- Highly motivated and eager to learn
- Confident and self-disciplined personality
- Team Spirit
Why join us
Société Générale Italy is a multi-category bank offering every employee the possibility to have several careers in a professional career path. Internal mobility and training are two core areas we focus on, in a dynamic, prosperous and evolving context.
You will work in a team which is highly regarded both within the organization and in the Italian market, having arranged a series of first-class transactions both in the renewable and infrastructure sectors. You will also benefit from a sustained workflow and a friendly team spirit which creates a perfect atmosphere for an individual who is willing to learn and grow.
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.