The Societe Generale Program Management Office(PMO) is seeking to add an Analyst to the team. Our mission is to enable our program stakeholders to enact effective change, prioritize program investments aligned to their strategic goals, and minimize program execution risk to the firm.
Main responsibilities will be to provide central program management oversight to a diverse set of strategic programs and projects aligned with the capital markets, corporate lending, regulatory compliance and risk areas of the region.
The role provides a transversal view of all the Businesses and Support departments across the region and and is an excellent way to build a cross-functional network. The role easily progresses to project and program management or senior portfolio management roles.
More precisely, the portfolio management team is responsible for :
- Providing oversight to the Regional Strategic Program portfolio on behalf of the US Executive Committee
- Defining and validating Americas strategic program portfolio strategy and priorities
- Developing and communicating risk mitigation plans
- Defining and tracking value creation and optimizing program investment in the portfolio .
- Working across all regional functions to perform a capacity prioritization process for new programs and scope.
- Monitoring and reporting on Americas portfolio of projects to US Executive Committee (Budget, Project plan, Delivery, Value and Quality)
- Conducting project methodology controls.
- Various program management assignments working with a senior Program Manager to develop practical experience.
The PMO team is also the main contact with International counterparts in France and Asia for the deployment of program management approaches : Agile@scale & Objectives Key Results for example.
This role will be part of a small team that works as an active partner to the program teams and is responsible for essential functions and process. It will require leadership and negotiation skills and the ability to perform across a wide variety of content. The focus is on risk management, transparency, project controls, program methodology and planning.
The Portfolio Manager will be aligned to a portfolio of programs and sponsors to successfully deliver on key initiatives. Portfolio Managers work on behalf of the senior executive project management oversight committee and a ~$30M program portfolio. A Portfolio Manager must work collaboratively with senior sponsors, stakeholders and PMs locally and globally to:
- Provide integrated view of progress and risk both in AMER and at Global level. Facilitate the design and implementation of program governance.
- Embed key priorities into programs as articulated by senior executive project oversight committees.
- Identify, collaboratively create mitigation plans and escalate program risk in a timely manner.
- Drive the annual planning process from inception, through justification into prioritization and program funding.
- Design and execute project methodology controls to improve success rates and risk management process.
- Share and challenge project’s portfolio management to ensure portfolio’s investment optimization and decide on action plan(plans, risk and change).
- Be the primary interface with global teams on behalf of the Americas Region assue proper and timely deliverables aligned to regional strategies.
- Drive benefit and value identification using financial and non-finacial KPI and KRIs.
- Liaise with GBSU Senior Management and report on the annual strategic objectives fullfillement (Objectives Key Results)
- Participate in the preparation for US and Global Executive Management Committees
- Participate in the governance and approval process of external consulting costs
- Contribute to the program capitalization accounting process