Description of the Business Line or Department
The Chief of Staff – Channel Islands reporting to the Chief Executive Officer Channel Islands “CEO” role is a high profile position within SG Hambros, providing day-to-day support and project execution on behalf of the CEO.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- To work with the CEO and Local Management Committee on strategic and regulatory assignments
- Where applicable, provide end to end project management and oversight to strategic and regulatory projects
- Provide key information and updates to influence and enable key strategic decision making
Summary of responsibilities
- Serve as trusted advisor to the CEO.
- Ensure that confidential matters are appropriately managed.
- Lead and complete special reports, projects and strategic assignments as required and assigned by the CEO.
- Oversee key regulatory projects in conjunction with Compliance, Safe and other impacted stakeholders as required.
- Monitor deadlines, follow up on delegated projects, and provide appropriate coordination on tasks that require research and interaction with Senior Management and other team members.
- Ensure correct mechanisms are developed to support metrics, MI and project management status to communicate to the business.
- Support the CEO’s effective and timely decision-making in those projects by collecting, organizing, and analyzing information from all departments and external information needed for CEO’s decisions.
- Ensure any business critical internal audit actions points are followed up and resolved.
- Ensure required updates to the Head Office are delivered timely and efficiently.
- Attend key relevant meetings and special events with the CEO, both internally and externally.
- Capture takeaways from meetings, identify key themes and implications for the CEO’s consideration. Ensure follow-up with relevant stakeholders as needed. Ensure the CEO is totally prepared for internal and external sessions.
- follow up and update the CEO on the implementation of the strategy per business line
- development of business line (revenue growth, client base development) through special projects and strategic assignments
- delivery of memos and reports as required by the CEO
Budget and reporting
- Oversight of the project/assignment costs and key decision maker on budgetary decisions
- cost management
- improvement of the operational efficiency (costs, efficiency of it’s development)
- review of reporting provided from finance department covering key operating parameters
Operational Risk & Regulatory Responsibilities
- Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within their scope
- Monitoring of operational risks and review of effectiveness of prevention measures
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures
- Ensure timely intervention when breaches occur and analysis of root causes to avoid repeated issues
- Ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business
- Improving Conduct Risk framework and ensuring that actions deriving from conduct risk management information are taken forward
Organisation and governance
- Analysis of the governance (Local Management Committee, etc) and link with the Global organisation/governance
- Participation into the sub line governance including committees
- Follow up of Audit, Inspection points.
Cooperation with other departments
- Work with Global Priv Management team on strategic decision making and communicating mutual updates
- Work with Safe and Compliance on regulatory and supervisory matters
- Embody Code of Conduct and behavioural competency
Escalation procedures and reporting
- Frequency of reporting
- Types of issues that might be escalated to what committees
- Apportionment, delegation and oversight responsibility