What you bring to our team:
- 10 years’ experience as an IT project manager in a broad range of infrastructure related projects, including network, server, and database solution deployments
- Background in technology, Linux, Microsoft Server, networking, and middleware, with the ability to coordinate with subject matters amongst these teams
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable facilitating and presenting to groups
- MS Project, Outlook, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint advanced experience required
- Possesses professional knowledge of product / function and applies knowledge to project activities to enhance delivery
- Deeply understands all project management disciplines and their key activities, processes, and artifacts
- Understands the relationship of their project(s) to the overall program
- Leadership – Ability to work with team members to set and achieve development goals and provide constructive feedback throughout the project lifecycle
- Knowledge of a formal project management methodology (e.g., PMI, Prince 2, etc.) and/or the Technology SDLC/PDLC Process, project planning tools (e.g., MS Project) and project change strategies
- General Project Management – Experience creating appropriate project documentation, balances stakeholder needs, and effectively negotiates tradeoffs between scope, schedule, and budget; Balances needs of multiple stakeholders. Gains buy-in from groups who may be resistant to change
- Schedule Management – Understanding of how to create, manage and understand impacts to project scope, constraints, and schedule. Manages projects according to work plan. Performs critical path analysis
- Cost Management – Experience developing and routinely reassessing project budgets to account for variances and ensures accuracy. Creates budget reports to compare actual with forecasted costs
- Communication Management – Experience creating performance and status reports for relevant stakeholders
- Risk & Issue Management – Understands how to develop and manage project risk and issue management plans; Analyzes risks by probability and severity to assess their impact on project delivery; Implements solutions to mitigate risk threats
- Resource Management – Understands how to develop project organization chart and governance structures. Defines roles and responsibilities of team members
- Quality Management – Experience defining processes and standards around governance, communication, and quality. Develops deliverable acceptance plans and criteria
- Change Request Management – Ability to identify and develop strategy for changes in scope, schedule, and cost. Develops strategic rationale for change including costs, benefits, tradeoffs, etc.
- Implementation and Transition Management – Ability to create transition plans, identify lessons learned and applies the lessons learned to future projects
- Six Sigma, Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management certificate or Certified Associate in Project Management preferred
- ITIL certification is a plus
- Financial Services experience preferred
- Experience managing large scale migrations is desired
What we do differently at Société Générale
- Competitive compensation & benefits offering, including but not limited to:
- Minimum of 20 days Vacation days + 4 personal days
- Supportive Maternity, paternity, parental and adoption leave policy
- Health spending ($2,000/year) and personal spending ($1,000/year) accounts with 75+ eligible reimbursement categories (health, training, electronics etc.);
- Fully sponsored virtual healthcare assistance and Employee Assistance Program to you and your immediate family;
- There are many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to engage with such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet, etc.
- We foster a culture of continuous development by encouraging our employees to seek improvements through various training programs (online training and coaching platform such as Coursera, GoFluent, PluralSight, First Finance, and others)
Why Join Us
It is with a long-term approach that we are engaging with the world as it is today: a world in which economic development goes hand-in-hand with environmental and social progress.
As a result, we made Team spirit a central value at Societe Generale Canada. We work together to be able to offer each employee the tailored approach they require to grow.
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside experts, who will support you in your task.
Get ready to join an innovative company where you can bring your full self to work and evolve with forward-thinking individuals to build the bank of tomorrow!
Expanding its activities in Montreal, Société Générale Group is a large multinational bank that counts 130 000 employees located in more than 60 countries around the globe.
At Société Générale, reimagining green IT impact with our focus on sustainable movement is how we interpret our mission as responsible bankers.
Société Générale has positioned itself as a frontrunner in supporting the energy transition and carbon net zero financing.
People are the drivers of change and the world of tomorrow will be shaped by our collective creativity, combined experiences, and diversity of opinions, so that together we can have a positive impact on the future!
Teamwork and collaboration are something that we don't only talk about but that we embody through our work and global initiatives.