QIS Financial Engineer Assistant
You will be part of the EQD Quantitative Investment Strategy (QIS) Team.
You will work on the conception, pricing and promotion of Quantitative Investment Strategies (known as SGI). You will work with the Sales and Trading departments on the negotiation and execution of those deals.
You will develop your skills in structuring such strategies in working on back testing and designing new ideas linked to risk premia factors.
During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities :
- Verifying the script running the strategies put in place by the team
- Running back test on strategies linked to risk premia factors
- Running back test on volatilities strategies
- Running daily check of index levels
- Verifying the terms of deals
- Discussing with trading on specific analysis we have to run
- Working on reporting and performances analysis of different existing indices
- Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering School or University with a specialization in Finance
- A previous experience in QIS structuring would be appreciated
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Proficient command of MS Office
- Fluent in English
- Have a solid level in financial mathematics
- Have a good knowledge in the theory of Option Pricing
- Have very strong level of computer skills (such as Python, VBA Excel)
- Have good team spirit and capacity to work as a team
- Have strong motivation
- Have strong commitment
- Have a high level of curiosity
- Be easy to work with
- Be able to think outside the box
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in NYC is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
Why join us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
Societe Generale is an equal opportunity employer, and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. We are committed to recognizing and promoting the talents and achievements of our employees and staff, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, and any other characteristic or status protected under applicable law.