Base Salary Range: [$104,000 - $300,000]
Base salary range does not include overtime pay, bonus and/or other benefits, where applicable. Actual base salary offer will vary based on skills and experience.
Within Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking, the Global Markets Division brings together the Research, Investment and Risk Management Solutions, Execution and Clearing, Prime Services, Equities, Fixed Income, Futures and Currencies & Commodities structuring capabilities with the objective of providing investors with one integrated multi-asset market solutions team. The business uses an advisory and innovation mindset, focused on client needs, with a global leader in financial markets engineering. Global Markets is a leading player in derivatives, with unrivaled over the counter and listed derivatives expertise, as well as cross-asset and economic research. Our prime services' offering is a unique combination of execution, clearing, custody and financing services.
The ideal candidate will be able to/will have:
- In depth knowledge of and prior experience in Equity derivatives and has worked with structured products and should be able to derive the pricing of the standard equity derivatives such as Volatility and Variance Swaps, Vanilla Options, Index/Basket Options, Options on Dividends, autocallables, cliquets, ...
- The candidate should have an in-depth understanding of the Interest Rate Linear derivatives such as Swaps, Futures, Bonds and Forwards.
- Candidate should have an in-depth understanding and previously worked as a Quant with Equity Models and Stochastic Volatility Models. The candidate should understand how to use them in practice for pricing of derivatives and have previously worked in implementing them and supporting them.
- Candidate should have an in-depth understanding of mathematical methods applied to finance and of numerical problem solving such as: Monte Carlo and variance reduction, Differential Equations and Grid Backward/Forward Solving, optimization algorithms such as Gradient Descent, …
- Candidate Should have a very good understanding of the structure of the Equity Volatility surface and its fitting/calibration. The candidate should be able to maintain the fitting of a volatility surface and have minimum understanding how to handle the arbitrability of volatility smiles.
- The candidate must have worked with a Research & Development team as a Quant developing within a pricing library in a code sharing platform.
- Candidate should be able to communicate and articulate issues with the trading, engineers, and head of the trading. Candidate should be able to provide clear explanations with adequate level of abstraction on the behavior of the models used for the pricing of exotic equity products and on the understanding of the results of the models from risk and P&L.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in the following programs - C#, Python
- Minimum understanding of C++
- Language(s) English
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
For more information about our Culture and Conduct initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/careers/get-know-culture/)
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
Societe Generale is an equal opportunity employer, and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. We are committed to recognizing and promoting the talents and achievements of our employees and staff, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, and any other characteristic or status protected under applicable law.