1. Knowledge and proven experience in rates and fixed-income markets
2. Strong global macro skills
3. Ability to set up and conduct research projects
4. Quantitative and analytical skills: at least basic econometrics or statistics
5. Writing/speaking skills in English: interesting and thought provoking but always appropriate and accurate
6. Innovative mind: deliver original research, both in content and style
7. Applied knowledge of IT tools – Excel/VBA is the must; some soft programming skills would be a plus (Python or other)
8. Aim to learn and adapt to changing environment and business priorities
9. Enthusiastic and pro-active personality
10. Proven ability to work in a team
The rates strategy team is responsible for providing strategic research and recommendations in global rates markets to SG’s clients, as well as providing a key support function to the FIC business (trading, sales and DCM).
The team is geographically split between London / Paris / New York / Bangalore andis part of the Global Research Solutions (GRS) department with around 200 analysts, strategists and economists combining their expertise into a cross-asset approach: analysis of the impact of major events on different asset classes, assessment of the links between asset classes, and strategic synthesis of this key information to provide an integrated view. All GRS research is published via www.sgmarkets.com.