Description of the Business Line or Department
The key objective of the Compliance team within SG Kleinwort Hambros (“SGKH”) is to ensure that the Registered Person complies fully with all its legal and regulatory obligations relating to Financial Services, AML/CFT and Data protection. Primary focus will be on regulatory compliance assessing the conformity of Laws, Regulations together with internal code of conduct, policies and internal procedures with legal obligations and best practices applicable to SG Kleinwort Hambros Trust Company (CI) Limited.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Compliance Officer Role
Being approved by the JFSC as the key person to undertake the role of Registered Compliance Officer for the Jersey Trust Company and the Jersey regulated Affiliated entities (participating members); based in Jersey.
Acting as the appointed Compliance Officer for the Jersey Trust Company.
To undertake all Registered Compliance Officer duties for the Jersey Trust Company.
• Provide a pro-active and innovative approach to risk management in an evolving regulatory environment.
To assist the CI Head of Compliance in the alignment and integration of policies, procedures for SG Kleinwort Hambros Compliance under the revised target Operating Model.
Implementing and maintaining internal controls, policies and procedures pertaining to the Compliance function.
To be the central point of contact for the Jersey Trust Company in the Channel Islands in respect of compliance advice.
To provide backfill assistance in monitoring the effectiveness of compliance controls and regularly reporting to senior management.
• To undertake all Registered Compliance Officer duties for the Jersey Trust Company.
• Work with colleagues across Group offices to develop and maintain a ‘good compliance culture’ throughout the business.
• To work with other functions to ensure that SG Kleinwort Hambros Trust Company (CI) Limited is regulatory compliant.
• To participate in various projects including, providing strategic guidance, research, devising policies and procedures.
To assist the CI Head of Compliance and other CAFC colleagues to provide advice and guidance to management and staff of Jersey Trust Company so that the business remains compliant with all relevant regulations, legislation and best practice.
To assist with, and provide advice and training to all staff, senior management and board directors on Regulatory matters as required.
To provide day to day counsel and advice on both SG Kleinwort Hambros policies and procedures and the regulatory matters for the C.I.
To monitor the Jersey Trust Company compliance with its policies, procedures and controls and periodically report thereon to the Board.
To support the CAFC team in the CI on a day to day basis.
Summary of responsibilities
• To act as the Registered Compliance Officer within the firm and make appropriate notifications to the relevant Regulators.
• Provide support and guidance to all SGKHTCCIL staff in all matters of compliance regulation.
• Escalate any identified potential weaknesses in the controls within SGKHCI.
• Develop and strengthen relationships with the business heads, Trust relationship managers, Fiduciary Support Services and Fiduciary Risk, Monitoring and Control Manager and staff to promote best practice and ensure a good understanding of compliance requirements.
• Identify training needs, develop appropriate tools, draft training decks and the deliver face-to-face training.
• To provide all necessary guidance and support to ensure the Trust business in the Channel Islands complies with local Compliance regulations.
• To assist in the production of periodic reports, on a formalised basis, or as soon as made aware if considered necessary, covering all aspects of wider Compliance/Regulatory issues.
• Producing reports for the Head of CI CAFC, the Board and CI management when required.
• Attend the SGKHTCCIL Board meetings when required.
• Overseeing the completion of operational risk control assessments for compliance matters.
• Assessing forthcoming regulatory legislation and its impact on SGKHCI’s business.
• Assist with the designing and implementing a comprehensive monitoring programmes to check that business continues to be conducted in compliance with all relevant obligations.
• Production of regular and ad hoc reporting to the Private Banking business line in Paris (“PRIV”).
• Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGPBH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of Trust client relationships.
• Attendance at various Trust Committees as the CI Compliance representative.
• Participate in the development and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring programmes to check that business continues to be conducted in compliance with all relevant regulatory and financial crime obligations.
• Contribute towards policies and procedures relevant to my responsibilities, to adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long-term sustainability of client relationships.
• Overseeing the monitoring and testing of Regulatory, AML and CFT policies, procedures, controls and systems in place to assess their appropriateness and effectiveness.
• Investigating any matters of concern or non-compliance arising from the firm’s compliance review policy.
• Establishing appropriate controls to mitigate any risks arising from the firm’s compliance review policy and to remediate issues where necessary and appropriate in a timely manner.
• Reporting periodically to the board on compliance matters, including the results of the testing undertaken and any issues that need to be brought to the board’s attention.
• Acting as a point of contact with the JFSC and to respond promptly to any requests for information made.