Description of the Business Line or Department
Kleinwort Hambros (KH) is one of the leading private banks in the Channel Islands (CI) and has Bank & Trust operations in both Jersey and Guernsey with a further Trust business in Asia. The CI group has 378 staff across the Channel Islands.
The CI regulatory reporting manager reports into the CFO for SG Kleinwort Hambros Bank (CI) Ltd and operates from the Jersey office within the Channel Islands (CI) and is part of a team of 8 Finance staff covering the following functions:
· Financial, Management, Regulatory and tax reporting;
- Operational processes and Control; and
- Accounts Payable/Scanning
This role is within a team of 2 which produces all the CI Banking regulatory returns for the JFSC, GFSC & PRA and forms part of the Kleinwort Hambros (KH) Finance (DFIN) department. The KH regulatory team consists of 2 team members in Jersey with a further 16 team members in the UK
Summary of the key purposes of the role
To ensure SGHBCI meets all its JFSC and GFSC reporting obligations and provide information to SGKH London to assist SG’s regulatory reporting to the Autorité de Controle Prudentiel (ACP)
Daily regulatory production and monitoring of internal and external regulatory limits
Production of periodical Channel Islands regulatory returns and working part of the wider regulatory reporting function to provide support for the Consolidated reporting.
Assisting in various regulatory reporting matters including ongoing review of static data
Maintaining up-to-date regulatory procedures
Contribution to internal regulatory projects and process improvements
Liaison with the other functions namely wider Finance, Risk, Treasury, IT, Operations, etc
Reduction of regulatory key-person operational risk
Summary of responsibilities
- Responsible to produce daily regulatory limits information i.e. large exposures, liquidity coverage ratio and capital adequacy and escalate of issues together with working for remedial action.
- Responsible for the accurate production and timely submission of all JFSC, GFSC & PRA regulatory returns for the Bank including variance analysis, commentary and ensuring compliance with internal control requirements.
- Working closely with other teams (Treasury, Risk, Finance, Operations, IT, etc) to ensure all data used for the regulatory returns is fully reconciled and/or substantiated.
- Assist in the investigation and preparation of replies to regulatory queries
- Review processes for the Regulatory Reporting deliverables in order to identify and implement improvements to enhance controls and better utilise systems capabilities
- Work with the Regulatory Reporting Manager to ensure that:
· Emerging and existing issues are identified, communicated and escalated within the regulatory function and across the business, as appropriate
Regulatory policies, procedures and automation are aligned with all regulatory changes
- Support the wider regulatory reporting team in London and provide all information required for Consolidation into Bank of England, PRA and wider group.
- Ensuring periodic updates of all procedures and regulatory publications. Assisting the Regulatory Reporting manager in advising management on the impact of compliance with JFSC/GFSC regulations on existing or proposed business
- Assisting with testing and implementation of projects related to regulatory reporting and wider Finance. Contribution to the annual refresh of liquidity behavioural adjustment data, periodic regulatory stress testing, new product developments and convergence with Group reporting tools
- Responsible for the ongoing review and maintenance of financial and non-financial data which is compatible with the automated regulatory reporting system
- Working with IT and software suppliers to keep regulatory software and processes up to date and in line with business developments
- Provide leave of absence cover for the production of other deliverables within the department as appropriate in order to satisfy reporting and internal control framework requirements
- Liaison with internal and external audit, if required
- Working with the CTB area within the Regulatory Reporting team simplifying, streamlining and automations where appropriate
· Performing all duties according with the principles outlined in the Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships