The Relationship Manager is part of the GLBA - Financial Institutions team based in Germany, which also includes senior bankers, other relationship bankers and junior staff. Members of this team are responsible for assuming the global coverage of Financial Institutions headquartered in Germany & Austria and for providing local coverage support for Financial Institutions from other countries who have a significant presence in Germany or Austria. The Relationship Manager is in charge of developing the business potential of a portfolio of Financial Institutions (clients and prospects), with a specific focus on banks, creating his/her own high level relationship with them, organizing the coverage and working closely with all other leaders and senior salespeople.
He/she will develop a specific focus on a subset of strategic or target clients covered by a Senior Banker with a seamless alignment on the business strategy as well as on Global Markets Key Clients on which he/she will lead the business performance. Moreover, he/she will develop a specific focus on cross-selling CIB and non-CIB products. The Relationship Manager acts as Primary Client Responsibility Unit when he/she is the Lead Coverage Banker.
His/her main responsibilities are:
- Have a good understanding of the strategy, organization and businesses of his/her clients, as well as their competitive positions; more generally, keep up to date on general FI industry trends, notably in the German and Austrian banking sector, as well as M&A, debt and equity / regulatory capital and accounting related issues
- Contribute to the identification of commercial opportunities and definition of priorities in order to develop the deal flow and design, execute and follow-up the marketing plan in agreement with SG´s main business lines
- Maintain a close, trustworthy relationship with clients in order to anticipate needs and to be informed as soon as possible about clients’ requests; develop all possible opportunities of cross-selling with all SG´s business lines but particularly Global Markets, Global Finance and Securities Services
- Regarding Strategic Clients, work closely with the Senior Banker and contribute to the definition of commercial priorities with the business lines, taking into account their strategy and available resources (capital, commercial presence, etc.); lead the continuous account review of such clients, while maintaining the appropriate level of confidentiality between business lines
- Working particularly closely with the Global Markets champions/client officers, assess the business potential of their main clients, contribute to their periodic account reviews, defining the business plan and leading its swift implementation
- Share client knowledge and professional contacts with the business lines; promote the bank’s image in terms of know-how and skills towards the client/prospect
- Liaise with the domestic/international networks as well as with our main subsidiaries
- Help maintaining the highest standards in terms of execution, reputation & ethics with the client
- Leverage on the capital allocated to the client globally in order to favor cross-selling and synergies, manage and monitor the balance sheet / scarce resource commitments to clients
- Conduct the first level credit assessment of counterparty risks involved in proposed transactions, assessing the pertinence of the requests made by the different business lines or divisions of SG
- Promote the usage of the client management tool (iC); ensure all clients’ information and activities are properly documented; coordinate, forecast and budget tasks with Coverage Support