The Risk Administrator provides 1st Line of Defence knowledge and support in the management, oversight, and first level challenge of operational risk across functions.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that each department operates within the confines of Group level directives on Operational Risk Management, Internal Control, and Compliance.
The scope for this role encompasses all staff and activities of SGSS in Ireland, hosted within the Société Générale Dublin Branch & Société Générale Securities Services, SGSS (Ireland) Limited
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure day to day management of ORM deliveries, advising on operational risk subjects and associated processes, for relevant stakeholders and local management.
- Assist business partners in the process of identifying, assessing, recording, and remediating operational risk.
- Raise the level of awareness about the risk culture within operational teams together with SGSS business lines
- Provide support and first level challenge of all operational risk related processes, including but not limited to: incident management; KRI reporting; process reviews, action plan completion, including audit recommendation progress tracking.
- Recording of operational incidents within the Group’s internal incident management platform, and their subsequent handling / management in line with appropriate procedures.
- Support the organisation of the local operational risk governance including the production and presentation of dashboards.
- Implementation and maintenance of the first level (operational) control framework as well as of the supervisory / second level Permanent Supervision control framework.
- Coordinate with central teams and local management to ensure SG Group operational risk management standards, as well as local standards (as applicable), are met.
- Assist in identifying and assessing opportunities for task optimisation, incl. enhancing automation of reporting / dashboarding and usage of transversal/offshore resources.
- Oversight of credit risks: Overdrafts and client’s risk scoring
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.