Skills and Qualifications:
- Highly proficient in MS Office with emphasis on PowerPoint, Word and Excel;
- Quantitative risk analysis and reporting;
- Preference given to candidates with an understanding of any of the following: scripting languages (Python, R, SAS, Java, Matlab, etc.), functional knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and APIs, knowledge of data management main principles and regulations. Knowledge of a business intelligence tool e.g., Power BI, Tableau.
- Robust understanding of capital markets activities;
- Excellent presentation, influencing and analytical skills;
- Exemplary oral, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to interact with, and provide effective challenge to, stakeholders across the organization;
- Ability to communicate confidently and in-person across all levels of the organization;
- Comfortable delivering and performing under tight deadlines;
- Strong problem-solving abilities;
- Quick learner and self-starter with a hands-on approach;
- Attention to detail;
- Data collection, mining and mapping techniques.
Nice to Have:
- Experience supporting one or more risk type e.g., credit, operational, market, liquidity risk, and respective underlying products;
- Experience delivering compelling, well-structured presentations;
- Experience of synthesizing data and content to produce executive summary style reports and presentations;
- New Product Approval and/or Project management experience considered a plus.
Due to US Federal Securities law applying to this position, candidates who will apply for this position will be required to submit to an enhanced background screening, including the collection of their fingerprints by a third-party vendor selected by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”).
OUR Benefits :
Competitive compensation & benefits offering, including but not limited to:
- Minimum of 20 Vacation days + 4 personal days
- Supportive Maternity, paternity, parental and adoption leave policy
- Health spending ($2,000/year) and personal spending ($1,000/year) accounts with 75+ eligible reimbursement categories (health, training, electronics etc.)
- Fully sponsored virtual healthcare assistance and Employee Assistance Program to you and your immediate family
- Various Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to engage with such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet, etc.
- A culture of continuous development by encouraging our employees various training programs (online training and coaching platform such as Coursera, GoFluent, Pluralsight, First Finance, and others)
Hybrid Work Environment:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
- Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
- Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link