The institutional research salesperson is responsible for representing Societe Generale Research to sophisticated institutional investors.
Success in the role is defined by the ability to internalize the breadth and depth of our research and in turn represent research conclusions to investors.
The SG Research Salesperson enjoys a defined territory within which one must establish themselves, and our research, as an important input into our client’s investment process. Success is further defined by fostering two-way dialogue between clients and analysts.
It is through viewing Societe Generale as a resource that clients will assign value. The institutional salesperson must identify what is of value within the SG toolkit and deliver that effectively to clients for SG to be considered a preferred source of intellect and observations.
• 5-10 years relevant work experience, preferably as an Institutional Research Salesperson
• Undergraduate degree or higher in relevant field
• Exceptional writing skills and ability to communicate ideas effectively in the written and spoken word
• Premier organizational skills
• Demonstrated success in the same (Institutional Research Sales) or closely related role
• Ability to cross sell capabilities and make introductions across Societe Generale related to the role including sophisticated trading capabilities, prime brokerage, capital markets and other hallmarks of the Societe Generale franchise in the US
• Ability to manage productivity while simultaneously engaged in regular travel
• A roster of current relationships within the NY area is considered a differentiator among candidates.
• Specifics regarding a history of revenue growth within an assigned territory are welcome
• “Buy -side” references referring to current coverage and skills are also welcome
• The desire to be a part of a premier member of the international financial community, combined with a track record of commercial, global exposure is valued.