• Ability to provide coverage and service a wide range of clients in execution of Listed Derivatives –a Listed Derivative Execution Expert/Specialist.
• Fluent in Japanese is must
• Able to deliver execution advisory services including pre / post trade TCA, technical market microstructure reports and industry trends.
• Able to facilitate operational efficiency through interaction with operations and various control functions.
• Able to manage risk with a strong risk management background on Listed Derivatives.
• Able to writing research and analysis of market conditions, technicals, and significant market events and produce trade ideas for clients
• Able to interact closely with IT and other support functions within the division to sustain and improve risk management, algorithms and client tools.
• Ability to work within a team environment and cross-sell other asset classes with other desks.
• Effective speaking and written communications skills in Japanese and English.
• Clean regulatory history, Series 7/3/55/63.
Large desk with local presence in New York, Chicago and Toronto –part of a global team across Europe and Asia. Significant possibility available to shape the direction of fixed income agency trading. There is a need to “get your hands” dirty and work with the team (locally and globally) to establish best practices and recognize the potential of the opportunity. This specific role is in Chicago.
Typical work activities
• Sales-Securing client relationships; building a Japanese client franchise.
• Ensuring client orders are being executed in best possible fashion; focus on the relationships with clients.
• Identifying issues affecting clients.
• Gather information and analyzing the market; speaking with clients and producing ideas.
• Proving in-depth market reports.
• Speaking with colleagues and understanding their relevant products, see if there is an opportunity to cross sell with your clients.
• Ensure risk controls and mitigation.
• Provide inputs to trading system technologists on improving the trading systems and workflows.
FLUENCY IN JAPANESE IS REQUIRED - PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT SPEAK FLUENT JAPANESE
Within Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking, the Global Markets Division brings together the Research, Investment and Risk Management Solutions, Execution, Prime Services, Equities, Fixed Income, Futures and Currencies & Commodities structuring capabilities with the objective of providing investors with one integrated multi-asset market solutions team. The Global Markets platform committed to long-term client relationships through value added services and smart solutions. The business uses an advisory and innovation mindset, focused on client needs, with the world leading financial markets engineering team. Global Markets is a leading player in derivatives, unrivaled equity derivatives expertise and #1 in listed derivatives, cross-asset and economic research. Our prime services' offering is a unique combination of execution, clearing, custody and financing services.