Proficiency in at least one programming language (Core competency)
- Good understanding of Software lifecycle
- Knowledge of software Design principles"
- General understanding of investment banking industry is desired
- Should have experience in HIVE SPARKS with strong knowledge on how hive is working
- Should have strong experience in HIVE database tool
- Should have experience in creating hive structures by applying proper compression, partitioning & encryption (creating tables, dropping, altering, partitioning, Views & Indexes etc)
- Excellent Knowledge of HIVE Query scripting
- Should have experience in Hive which includes creation of schema structures, partitioning & performance tuning
- Should have hands-on experience in SPARK
- Familiar with big data concepts HDFS, Map Reduce, Oozie, Hue
- Should have strong experience in DBMS and RDBMS concepts
- Agile/Scrum development cycle understanding
- Excellent communication skills
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
A 100% owned subsidiary of European banking and financial services major Societe Generale (SG), Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) came into existence in 2000. Established as an offshore development centre in Bangalore, also having a presence in Chennai, SG GSC has 15 years of sustainable delivery expertise to its credit, and develops global best practices to promote the strategic objectives of the Societe Generale Group.
SG GSC possesses in-depth understanding of the business processes and cutting-edge technologies across domains of Societe Generale’s diverse portfolio. We deliver best-in-class solutions to the Group’s entities in the realm of corporate and investment banking, retail banking, specialized financing and insurance, private banking, and global investment management and services.
We place the highest importance on our employees and provide extensive opportunities for career progression and development. SG GSC conforms to the group diversity principles, and has a multi-cultural staff representing seven nationalities, and speaking 20 languages. Women comprise 25% of our workforce.