Description of the Business Line or Department
The Securities Operations Department is a function which delivers end-to-end domestic and international asset servicing capabilities, including Settlements, Corporate Actions and Income, Transitions, and Controls. The department supports the front and middle offices, particularly Banking and Treasury Operations across multiple jurisdictions based in Jersey, Guernsey, London, Gibraltar and Bangalore. In addition to providing business as usual operational processes, we also execute change programs and create new operational capabilities to drive efficiency, improve client service levels, and reduce our operational risk.
Securities Operations is the main area of focus for this role, but responsibilities may also cover other key topics such as FATCA, CRS, QI, Investment management fees and banking.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Our Securities Operations Business Analyst will support a wide range of change initiatives, including to support the wider business change programmes and help deliver BAU efficiencies/enhancements. Projects related to process improvements, governance, system/process enhancement and replatforming will be key.
Planning project activity, controls, resourcing, quality monitoring and UAT are important parts of the role, as is an ability to analyse and manipulate data, including regular advanced use of Excel. The ability to produce appropriate materials and present this to stakeholders is important for ensuring good governance of all workstreams.
Leading others to deliver on projects, always driving things forward while keeping deliverables on track and within budget is essential.
Specialised knowledge of securities market activities across various asset types and markets is required, as is experience of working with counterparties such as brokers, custodians, fund managers, transfer agents, data providers, depositaries and their respective online systems.
An advanced knowledge of MS Excel with the ability to manipulate data would be a distinct advantage
Summary of responsibilities
- Support Securities Operations and other areas with their constant improvement streams as required, which covers areas such as:
- Tax – FATCA, CRS & QI
- Fees – system and collection
- Corporate Actions
- Securities Stock Data
- Process modelling
- Other operational BA work as required.
- Organising and driving the entire end to end improvement process for the area/topic allocated, including managing all deliverables.
- Assisting other Securities Operations project colleagues with technical expertise extracting, manipulating and analysing data, e.g. Excel or SQL tools.
- Ensure that all reports and results are delivered as expected and on time and reflect 100% accurate data correctly formatted.
Contribute constructively to the development of the Project Team and Securities Operations Department by suggesting ideas for improving efficiency, process quality or project management governance
Level of Autonomy and Authority