Description of the Business Line or Department
The Securities Operations Department is a central function which delivers end-to-end domestic and international asset servicing capabilities, including Settlements, Corporate Actions and Income, Transitions, Stock Data Administration and Pricing.
The department supports the front and middle offices, Banking and Treasury Operations across multiple jurisdictions based in Jersey, Guernsey, Gibraltar and UK. Our aim is to link risk management and operational control processes to protect both the assets of the bank and our clients, and to safeguard the bank’s reputation. We work closely with our service partner and provide oversight of their functions.
We execute change programs and create new operational capabilities to drive efficiency, improve client service levels, and reduce our operational risk
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Our Securities Operations Technical Specialists support a wide range of functions across the department, particularly within Settlements, Transitions, Corporate Actions and Income, Stock Data Admin and Pricing. This involves close collaboration with other departments such as Treasury, Banking Operations and Front Office. We ensure best practice by controlling and mitigating operational risk. Knowledge and experience of working with or in these areas is important to ensure the successful candidate can operate effectively from an early stage.
Experience of working with counterparties such as brokers, custodians, data providers, depositaries and their respective online systems is essential. A good working knowledge of SWIFT, IDC and Bloomberg would be a distinct advantage.
The ideal candidate is likely to have a financial services background in securities/investment operations and will be self-motivated to provide consistently strong results. He or she should be keen to identify and resolve issues as they arise in a proactive and positive manner, while challenging existing procedures and controls. Successful candidates must be adaptable, proactive and enthusiastic while working across the different Teams in Securities Operations.
In addition, we undertake an ongoing improvement programme with many small or large projects and initiatives in flight at any given time. Our Securities Operations Specialists contribute to these initiatives so any relevant project or change management experience will be an advantage.
Summary of responsibilities
- Work in a positive and proactive manner to deliver a high quality and successful service for our clients and counterparties.
- Maintain oversight and constant communication over our third-party operations to ensure they are functioning to the expected quality and work closely with their respective teams to solve any escalations.
- Assist with any securities operations functions when required, including for example stock breaks, settlements, static data, pricing controls, MI, audit, stock master records, stock pricing, or custodian management.
- Completion of fund documentation and relating AML/KYC requirements.
- Identify and resolve workflow issues, check daily output standards, escalating issues and progressing solutions with internal and external parties.
- Monitor corporate action events, how they are scheduled in the system and check allocations to client accounts according to their mandate or election.
- Support the manager of Securities Operations and BAU teams across all departments to maintain an effective combined SGKH operational model.
- Support ad hoc projects to improve processes and structures.
- Contribute constructively to the development of the Securities Operations Department by suggesting ideas for improving efficiency or process quality.
- Be an enabler of change, accepting and promoting changes to procedures and departmental organisation.
- Welcome changes to their role, being prepared to accept new responsibilities and move from one role to another across Teams in Securities Operations.
- Support other Operations specialist teams as required