- Past experience in lease accounting, month-end close, journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations, fixed asset accounting, accounting for loss provisions / reserves, write-off’s / charge-off’s, documentation of policies & procedures
- Experience in the following areas would be preferred - Foreign currency accounting; deferred tax accounting; accounting research; sales, use, and property tax compliance
- Knowledge of US GAAP & IFRS specifically as it relates to lease accounting
- Hands on, must work well under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Microsoft Office
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with the following would be preferred - IFS Leaseworks; IDS Infolease; Microsoft Dynamics; Salesforce.com; TValue
- 5+ years financial services experience, leasing industry experience preferred
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
- MBA or CPA preferred
SG Equipment Finance is part of the international banking group Société Générale, one of the largest banks in the world. SG Equipment Finance has enjoyed the number one position for equipment and vendor finance in Europe since 2002. SG Equipment Finance was established in the United States ten years ago and is rapidly growing into a premier provider of equipment financing. The Group focuses on multinational and local vendors looking for a financing partner with international capabilities and independent equipment lessors looking for reliable funding partners.
The position is for a senior accountant within the Finance department of SG Equipment Finance USA and the candidate will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.