The Finance Department of Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS), is a global organization with local presence, providing the same set of services through global and efficient processes and consistent norms, leveraging on production hubs.
Our Core Missions in the Americas are:
- Quality and timeliness of GBIS financial statements;
- Assisting GBIS management and all Business Lines in their steering with actionable reports on financial performance and forecasts;
- Independent certification of all financial aggregates in particular the daily P&L explanation on Market Activities;
- Financial communication and constant benchmarking;
- Providing expertise on accounting, prudential and tax norms and ensuring the compliance of these norms.
- Managing the Liquidity and Treasury functions;
- Oversee and execute cross-business projects in the financial and regulatory areas;
For our Services companies providing support in IT, Infrastructure, Operations, Accounting and Finance, Compliance, Credit Analysis, etc.
Financial Performance Analysis
- Define and provide actionable reports and analysis to assist GBIS support functions management in their financial steering
- Serve as Point of Contact for all financial aggregates with the regional and local management in Canada. Drive the local performance analysis
- Ensure norms and coordination of financial steering on all processes (Actuals, Budgets, Forecasts) leveraging on our teams in the region
- Produce, analyze and certify GBIS costs in Canada. Drive the closing process for local entities, cooperating with Bangalore and New York
- Strong coordination with the FPA team in New York as well the Accounts Payables (AP) team in Canada to ensure optimal quality of the production of reports and other input data in the FPA processes
- Active and visible contribution to Regional FPA analyses
- Presentation of financial and business-related analyses to the Canadian and US senior management team.
- Active contribution to the global FPA roadmap (digitalization)
- Continuously optimize reports produced in Canada
- Oversight of Accounting production including Journal entries, Financial statements, Consolidation,
- Provisioning for Expenses (Payroll, Contractors, Equipments, etc.) and Costs allocations throughout the organization
- Accounting quality controls, mainly Cash reconciliations, Inter-company Payables/Receivables reconciliations, Cash settlements, Ageing, etc.
- Formalization of Permanent Supervision and AML controls
- Re-invoicing to internal clients (Canada, US, Europe, Asia)
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of procedures
- Technical Support provided to a growing suite of services and functions
If you're into the following challenges: digital, energy transition, diversity/inclusion and you would like to get involved in building the future, you’ve come to the right place. We are looking for team players, invested people who are able to bring ideas and express their opinions.
Are you looking for a stable company offering international opportunities?
- Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Active in the real economy for over 150 years, Societe Generale employs over 138,000 members of staff in 62 countries and supports daily 29 million clients.
A strong cultural mix thanks to a well-established French company in the Americas:
- Societe Generale opened its first office in the United States in 1938 and in Canada in 1974 and has about 2,500 professionals working in 8 U.S. cities, 3 in Canada as well as in Latin America.
A pillar in the economy which is building the tomorrow’s world:
- Societe Generale is not just a financial institution, it is a group that places innovation and sustainable financial practices at the very heart of its culture. The Societe Generale group has made the digital sector a key lever in transforming banking relationships. The 2019 edition of the eCAC40 Trophies ranks Societe Generale at the top rank of the banks that have best evolved in the digital world!
An opportunity to express yourself and get involved:
- Our employees resource groups such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet demonstrate the involvement of our employees for their community.
Did you know? Societe Generale remains open as an essential service during Covid-19! We have adopted a gradual process of reopening our offices, placing flexibility and health of our employees at the top of our priorities.