PROFILE REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Excellent programming skills
- Adaptive mindset being able to switch gears quickly
- Ability to self-organize work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills – ability to work as part of a global team
- Ability to function in a high-pressure environment and to meet stringent deadlines for completing tasks
- Strong technical skills in C# - real-time, parallelism / asynchronicity, high availability, efficient / performance sensitive code
- Strong object-oriented programming skills and design patterns
- Experience developing in Python a plus
- Experience with Development on Windows
- Experience with performance testing and profiling a plus
- Understanding of distributed design concepts including computer architecture and network architecture
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, and continuous delivery
- Memory/CPU profiling and multithreaded debugging experience.
- Experience on trading algorithm/strategies a plus
- Client focus: Put long term relationship with our clients at the center of actions
- Team Spirit – Synergies, cooperation with colleagues in and outside team a priority
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity
- Innovation – Adopting new technology
- Commitment - Strive to develop skills and knowledge
Prior Work Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as front office algo developer, with strong knowledge of at least one of the following (the more the better)
- Order management system / execution
- Real time pricing
- Real time market data
- Auto Hedge, systematic trading, market making
- Exchange connectivity
- 2-3 years minimum financial market exposure. Fixed income a plus
- B.S degree in computer science, engineering, math, physics, or similar
- Masters degree or equivalent work experience would be a plus
Why join us
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
The trading organization is looking to add an experienced algorithmic developer to the team. The Algo Developer will be responsible for developing complex algorithmic systems to manage a wide variety of electronic flows. The team builds systems which are required to execute in fragmented and fast-moving markets which are continuing to gain speed. The role involves sitting directly with a team of highly skilled quant traders which generate sophisticated model driven signals. You will join a fast-growing team, encouraging exploration and implementation of cutting-edge technologies and ideas, with a flat management structure.
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
COMPENSATION & SALARY RANGE:
Base salary range does not include overtime pay, bonus and/or other benefits, where applicable. Actual base salary offer will vary based on skills and experience.