- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of programming design patterns
- Team player and able to share his knowledge and expertise with other UI developers
- Dynamic, detail oriented, fast learning capacity and able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Curious and willing to research and explore new technology
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Understanding of ETL concepts and applications
- Able to propose User Experience design
- Experience in Finance, Risk and Operation
- Angular User Interface development
- HTML5, CSS3 and ES6, TypeScript
- Deep understanding of Angular design patterns.
- Code Reviews
- Define good practices and coding rules
- Git Version control
- Experience with RESTful services
- Working in an Agile development team
- TDD/BDD and its practical implementation
- Commonly used design patterns and multi-threading
- An understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Other object-oriented design languages and methodologies (Java, C#, C/C++)
- Test automation tools
- MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL databases
Prior Work experience
- Previous significant experience as angular web developer
- Successful front-end implementation of complex applications
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Degree in Finance
Why join us
Within the Global Business Service Unit (GBSU) of SOCIETE GENERALE’s corporate and investment banking, the Finance, Risk and Market data (FRM) unit is responsible for creating, maintaining and enhancing Information systems supporting the calculation of the P&L, the book keeping and measure the risk indicators (Market, Credit, Liquidity…).
LTA is the tribe in charge of the systems for Liquidity risk management, the Asset & Liabilities management (ALM) and a code free data transformation service (FARMS-Data Factory). The America’s tribe is multi-located in New York, Chicago and Montreal and composed of IT business analysts, IT Developers and Ops agents.
FARMS is an in-house no-code application within LTA that helps internal users preparing the data for various risk reporting. Its front-end is a complete set of screens developed in Angular. We are looking for an experienced UI developer who will help the team modernize and scale the User Interface.
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
For more information about our Culture and Conduct initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/careers/get-know-culture/)
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
COMPENSATION & SALARY RANGE:
Base salary range does not include overtime pay, bonus and/or other benefits, where applicable. Actual base salary offer will vary based on skills and experience.