The Senior Auditor - Vice President will be part of the Corporate AML Team which is responsible for auditing mainly Compliance functions.
The Senior Auditor, Vice President’s primary responsibility is to lead audit assignments. He/she is expected to have a high degree of technical proficiency, autonomy and the ability to oversee and monitor the work of their team. He/she should be capable of running larger and complex audits with minimal supervision or oversight.
Some responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Independently, leading AML audit missions (including complex, global, multi-team/integrated, etc.,) overseeing all aspects of the audit process and having full ownership of the audits assigned
- Preparing high quality and impactful audit reports, especially executive summaries that effectively address the key issues to be raised to management’s attention
- Actively participating in department’s continuous monitoring programs - understands the ongoing changes in internal and external environment related to specific audited activities and evaluates the impact of changes on the business and company
- Participating in various stages of the annual risk assessment and providing professional conclusions on the risks' evaluation
- Coaching the staff to help develop their competencies, and provide formal feedback to team members that is objective, constructive and meaningful
- Leading and participating in department wide transformation projects and actively contributing, communicating and implementing the changes, and supporting others through the process
Senior Auditor, Vice President may also be recruited as dedicated subject matter experts (SME) in the Department and may have more customized job descriptions defining their role and responsibilities as risk management experts.
- Knowledge of banking products, compliance and regulatory requirements and / or financial accounting /regulatory reporting. Specifically,
- BSA/AML, KYC and Embargos & Sanctions requirements and related processes and controls
- Strong proven ability to use these skills to plan or execute audits using a risk-based approach (e.g., identify key risks and control points and suggest approaches for testing/sampling)
- Demonstrates initiative, integrity, and creativity in audit approach
- Has strong project management skills and establishes goals, priorities, and realistic plans that maximize use of available resources
- Demonstrates a high level of written and oral communication skills through audit reports, meetings and presentations
- Demonstrates an ability to see the bigger picture when assessing the control environment and communicating with management
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with auditees and audit counterparts, facilitates conflict resolution, and is value-added oriented
- Collaborates well with others, shares information, and develops team spirit
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or other relevant topic
- 6+ years of work experience in financial services, internal auditing, or relevant risk management positions
- Experience in managing entire audit process
Desired / Plus:
- Work experience in internal audit, relevant business or risk management function within corporate/investment bank
- MBA/Master’s degree in a business discipline
- Preferred certifications: CIA, CPA, CIDA, CAMS, CFA, FRM, Series 7, CISA, ITIL
- Languages (Other than English): French
The Inspection and Audit Division (IGAD) represents Societe Generale’s independent internal audit function, comprised of over 1300 professionals covering SG’s global businesses and services in over 80 countries. The SGUS Internal Audit Department within IGAD is a group of about 80 professionals, based in the US (NYC, NJ) and in Brazil, responsible for assessing SG’s multiple businesses in the Americas region.