Day to day responsibilities include but not limited to:
- The Senior Benefits Specialist position is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefit programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, 401(k) plan and retirement plan). Provide excellent customer service and quality benefit plans.
- Investigate new benefit programs, improve existing programs, supervise and monitor benefit administration. Design employee benefit plans. Provide analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefit programs.
- Ensure accuracy of enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDRO's, QMCSO's, distributions, loans, hardships, compliance testing.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefit files and updating of employee payroll records.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
- Maintain and update benefits databases. Prepare regular benefit reports extracting data from the database. Provide the technical support, test system functionality and work with end users to provide system support and troubleshoot system problems.
- Assist in the management of the benefit plan renewal process. Negotiate with vendor or administrator for renewal. Collect experience & benchmark data from available resources
- Ensure controls are in place to meet all federal, state and local regulation.
- Serve as Secretary to H&W and Retirement Plan Committee.
- Build staff engagement through sponsorship and implantation of various wellness and employee engagement events.
- Research employee benefit plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value.
- Design, recommend and implement benefit programs.
- Assist in the management of the benefit plan renewal process.
- Negotiate with vendor or administrator for renewal.
- Collect experience data from available resources.
- Examine possible plan design or benefit cost changes.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree and three to five years related benefits or employee benefit administration experience required.
- PHR and CEBS professional designations preferred.
- Excellent communication and organization skills are required.
- Project and team management/leadership skills and experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates. Capability of effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs. Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on the proposals (RFP's).
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Lotus Notes, Cognos, Lawson are required.
- Knowledge of benefit contract language
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, Workers Compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements
Employees should understand the institution’s approach to risk management and their respective roles in supporting a strong risk culture, as outlined in the SGUS Operations Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.