Skills and Qualifications:
1. 5+ years of experience in a Technology environment
2. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance, or relevant technical field
3. Advanced knowledge in SQL
- Possess a good balance of technical expertise, business knowledge and soft skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong analytical skills, follow-up capability and problem-solving ability.
- Can communicate clearly with a wide variety of people/functions (verbal/written)
- Flexible and adaptable to new environments. Quickly learn new systems/products.
- Proactive and results-oriented: sets goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources to deliver optimal results.
- Team-oriented, client-focused and open to different ideas/viewpoints.
- Capable of prioritizing tasks and multi-tasking projects.
- Thrive in a time-sensitive environment.
Language(s): English - Mandatory and French
Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, is a requirement as the person in this position will need to collaborate regularly with colleagues and partners in the United States.
Nice to Have:
- Programming skills/experience
- Continuous integration experience
3. Understanding of financial products, structured/trade finance
- Experience working in a global/international financial IT environment
- Practical experience in the financial industry (i.e., FO, MO, Risk, Compliance or Accounting)
- Experience in a support role in the financial service industry
Why join us
WHAT WE DO DIFFERENTLY AT SOCIÉTÉ GÉNÉRALE
Competitive compensation & benefits offering, including but not limited to:
- Minimum of 20 Vacation days + 4 personal days
- Supportive Maternity, paternity, parental and adoption leave policy
- Health spending ($2,000/year) and personal spending ($1,000/year) accounts with 75+ eligible reimbursement categories (health, training, electronics etc.)
- Fully sponsored virtual healthcare assistance and Employee Assistance Program to you and your immediate family
- Various Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to engage with such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet, etc.
- A culture of continuous development by encouraging our employees various training programs (online training and coaching platform such as Coursera, GoFluent, Pluralsight, First Finance, and others).
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
For more information about our Culture and Conduct initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/careers/get-know-culture/)
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.