The aim of our Service Unit (GBSU) is to deliver day-to-day services to GBIS Business Units and their clients to accelerate the transformation. GBSU is organised under the following structure:
- A transversal client group
- Eight service and product orientated entities
- A transversal data entity
- Seven centres of expertise
Within each of these groups are dedicated Information Technology (IT) teams who are aligned with the mandate of the Support Unit groups.
The aim of the IT teams of GBIS is to translate ideas into action by combining the strength of expertise in IT with a deep understanding of investment banking.
IT works to ensure that it delivers the services the businesses need to compete and to serve Société Générale's clients. The objective is to deliver production services in a well-controlled and cost-effective way, and to deliver competitive application systems and infrastructure that allow GBIS to grow its business in existing and new markets, launch new products and take advantage of new opportunities when they arise.
- Delivering IT services and solutions that enable GBIS to deliver its business objectives.
- Ensuring a cost effective, high quality, flexible and well controlled production service for business applications systems and IT infrastructure (service delivered by RESG/GTS).
Facilitating entry to new markets, compliance with regulatory rules, growth in needs, adherence to market business volumes, and operational efficiency improvements in our overall front to back processing environment.
Key Objectives & Core Responsibilities:
The Business Analyst is a functional specialist, working with all stakeholders from all Business units and related parties, to define and document Business needs and software requirements.
As member of a Feature Team, he/ she works in autonomy and with a continuous improvement approach.
The BA advises, reports and alerts to optimize and enhance solutions favouring the delivery of value:
1. Ensure business requirement analysis activities
- Analyse business requirements based on prioritization given by Product Owner (PO)
- Study impacts of business requirements advising on options, risks & costs
- Help the PO and the team in deconstructing requirements into detailed stories
- Translate requirements into cases into Functional Specification documents
2. Ensure the functional design of the product delivered by the team
- Support knowledge of the team on the business process with the help of the PO
- Research to determine if solutions currently exist within or outside the business unit
- Inspire team to search for the optimal functional solution and facilitate related activities
- Understand technical constraints and participate to the product design
- Prepare the design options for PO decision after team consultation
3. Ensure functional quality of the product and Production stability
- Analyse functional change impacts on current production SLA & OLA
- Contribute to the BDD activities by providing users scenarios
- Contribute to the functional testing strategy definition and to functional testing activities
- Contribute to deployment through functional pre-requisites and post-deployment checks
- Contribute to functional support activities of the team
- Contribute to users change management (on-line help, training) led by the PO
4. Support the members of the team in their functional activities
- Train new joiners and team members functionally on the product
- Help team members in solving their functional issues
5. Ensure integration of the product in the IS in sync with the functional architect
- Analyse impact of product design on IS functional architecture
- Understand and take into consideration technical architecture constraints
- Contribute with Functional Architect in the choices of implementation within the IS
If a member of an Architecture League (business or technical)
If they belong to an Architecture League, then they share, with their Business Line Technical Architect (BLTA) and other Business Analysts (BA), the responsibility of the definition and implementation of the IS strategy of their area. They are also in charge of consistency within their IT unit as well as alignment with the overall GBIS IS.
• Responsibility to adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational and conduct risk requirements (e.g. data leakage, security policies and regulatory requirements).
• Adhere to individual and where applicable department conduct rules in accordance with the Societe Generale Code of Conduct rules
• Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position and in line with existing policies.
• Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory and statutory bodies, trading venues, etc that are applicable to your role and business line.
• To assist in the self-identification of all conduct related issues. Ensure escalation to appropriate stakeholder or function whether internal or external.
• Adhere to business line mandates relevant to the role as directed by your manager
• This description is intended to outline the main responsibilities for the role and is not an exhaustive list, responsibilities may vary from time to time as directed by your manager.