Senior Cash Management Sales Manager – M/W
Société Générale Global Transaction Banking (GTB) includes payment and cash management, cash clearing services, trade services, factoring and foreign exchange services associated to these activities.
GTB integrates all the expertise and services required to facilitate the daily transactional activities of major economic and financial actors both in a domestic and international scope.
As a major player in banking flows, we rely on our strong presence in both Europe and mature and emerging markets worldwide. With over 6,000 specialists in over 50 countries, Payments and Cash Management (PCM) is a strategic activity for Société Générale. We can offer the expertise of a large international banking group and experience spanning over twenty years. As a real local Bank in all the countries where we operate, our global system ensures optimal coordination. We can intervene in cash management in Europe, Africa, Asia, Americas, Overseas, and in the Middle East.
The responsiveness and dynamism of our teams, their accurate knowledge of market trends and regulations, the strength of our networks and our diverse range of products allow us to optimize the daily management of the cash flow, the commercial and financial transactions for our corporate clients.
As Senior Sales Cash Management, you will identify, analyze and sell cash management products & services to established corporate customers and targeted prospective corporate clients. Thereby, you will have a large level of autonomy and you will report to the Head of Global Transaction Banking in Brussels.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Farm an existing portfolio and hunt new clients that will bring significant revenues, fund flows and deposits, requiring a strong coordination with Coverage Bankers in Belgium and overseas, as well as colleagues from other business lines
- Market products and services including amongst others:
- Bank accounts
- Domestic and international means of payment
- Foreign Exchange (when related to cross-border payments)
- Electronic Banking products as well as associated services
- Liquidity Management solutions (ZBA and notional pooling)
- Domestic and International guarantees
- Credit facilities attached to these products (including overdrafts, intraday, guarantees and short-term revolving credit facilities)
- Active cross-selling with the different Business Lines of the Bank
- Require a strong client focus, operational and process knowledge, knowledge of regulatory and risk processes, analytical and communication skills as well as professional integrity at all times
- Be the primary client representative in cash management matters for a given portfolio of customers
- Respond to RFPs, assess customer needs and recommend effective strategies. Moreover, you will negotiate pricing to optimize profitability of Cash Management service solutions
- Record all commercial actions in the CRM tool to ensure perfect communication with all stakeholders
- Provide feedback from clients/prospects to Product Development Division in order to ensure the Bank maintains a competitive position in the International Corporate Cash Management market
- Initiate credit request for overdrafts, intraday or guarantee facilities and you will supervise the overdrawn accounts and limit controls of your client portfolio
- Comply with risk, regulatory and compliance obligations
Studies & experience:
- University degree in Finance/business administration or related area
- 10 years of experience within Payments & Cash Management
- Other foreign language skills would be advantageous
Technical, operational & Soft skills:
- Highly proficient with Microsoft (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Relationship manager and strong sales skills (deal hunter)
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Strong client focus
- Analytical and solution-oriented
- Time management, organizational and planning skills
- Proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and influence business relationships at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Team player
- Driver license
Why join us
Société Générale CIB Belgium is a multi-category bank offering every employee the possibility to have several careers in a professional career path. Internal mobility and training are two core areas we focus on, in a dynamic, prosperous and evolving context.
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious. Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA. If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.