• Bachelor’s Degree in Business (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Marketing or related field), or equivalent
• 3-7 years related experience
• Understanding of trade flow and products for fixed income, equities, and options
• To be able to multitask and meet deadlines
• To advise and escalate on issues when necessary
• To work together with counterparts, customers, other departments and outside vendors
• Comprehensive knowledge of processing domestic and international settlements
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Good inter-personal and partnering skills, a “team-player”
• Ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic environment
• Proficiency with clearing and settlements tools and systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Societe Generale Capital Canada (SGCC) is actively recruiting for a Senior Clearing and Settlements Specialist for its Montreal office. The position being offered is within the Operations department and handles the middle and back-office processing for Global Banking and Investor Solutions (“GBIS”) Capital Markets Agency business lines (Markets & Financing). OPER implements all necessary means to ensure the operational, administrative and financial processing market and credit operations initiated by business lines. In addition, OPER ensures the control and security of transaction processing in accordance with current financial legislations.