- Ability to organize time and manage deliverables to deadlines
- Ability to identify and accommodate shifting priorities with little notice
- Ability to complete work with minimal or no supervision
- Possess a high degree of enthusiasm and energy to fulfill job requirements and to possibly gain exposure to other non-bank financial institution sectors.
- Ability to work in a team environment, interfacing with team members, front office bankers and salespersons, risk team, and clients.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate counterparty risk and financial condition utilizing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Proficiency using Word for written analysis and Excel for spreadsheet analysis
- Ability to acquire knowledge of the accounting, legal and regulatory issues governing relevant sectors.
- Ability to investigate/research/synthesize data and make appropriate conclusions as to what is causing the observed result(s)
- Ability to write concisely and in a way that conveys analysis and conclusions without minimal follow-up questions
- Develop competency with SG’s internal systems.
- Knowledge of capital markets/traded products and committed financing facilities.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- 8-10 years of credit analysis experience with focus on the insurance industry
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Portuguese a plus
Employees should understand the institution’s approach to risk management and their respective roles in supporting a strong risk culture, as outlined in the SGUS Operations Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
The Credit Management department (CRE) lies within Global Banking and Advisory (GLBA) of Societe Generale. The mission CRE is to provide credit analysis and manage the credit relationship with clients of the Financial Institution Group and Global Markets sectors.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.