• Strong financial analytical skills and understanding of accounting (local GAAP and IFRS), legal, and regulatory issues governing relevant sectors
• Ability to assess credit terms and conditions (legal documents), including financial covenants, security and collateral
• Knowledge of capital markets / traded products, commercial financing facilities and investment banking products
• Strong writing skills particularly assessing and summarizing financial transactions (credit requests, covenant waivers, etc.) and making a recommendation
• Ability to investigate / research / synthesize data and make appropriate conclusions
• Ability to prepare financial models / forecasts for various scenarios;
• Ability to organize time and manage deliverables to meet stringent market deadlines
• Ability to complete work with minimal or no supervision and accommodate shifting priorities
• Ability to work in a team environment and coordinating with various stakeholders, such as front office bankers and salespersons, risk team, and clients spread across different time zones
“We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status”.
Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC), a 100% owned subsidiary of European banking major Societe Generale (SG), Our role and purpose is to enable the strategic vision of Societe Generale Group. We are doing this by pioneering cutting edge innovation from Design Thinking to Smart Automation & Artificial Intelligence, and applying it to banking.
SG Global Solution Centre provides services in the areas of Application Development and Maintenance, Infrastructure Management, Business Process Management, and Knowledge Process Management, to Societe Generale's business lines around the world.
CORI, the Coverage and Investment Banking division of the Group, promotes to clients the whole range of services offered by the Group, with a specific focus on investment banking and commercial banking activities.The Client Credit Group department is part of CORI. Its main mission is the assessment of the counterparty credit risk on behalf of all Business Lines involving CORI and GLFI as PCRU and for all clients.
Credit analysts work closely with Coverage teams and are responsible for conducting independent credit assessments. CORI/CCG/CRE provides assistance to Coverage with respect to the decision making process on the granting of credit.