- Analytical capability to develop solutions to complex topics
- Understanding of investment banking products
- Understanding of accounting procedures and back office operations
- Understanding of control process and ability to design/build the control process
- Able to adjust to new environments and challenges.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Team player – work with global teams
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects with aggressive deadlines
- Technical skills
- Expert level experience in in data analytics tools including Altery and Power BI or similar
- Good understanding of Database structure
- Strong Powerpoint, Excel, Word skills
- Process improvement analysis and business process reengineering.
- Project management skills (planning, budget and resource management, issue handling, reporting)
- Use concept of Digital Transformation
- Work experience
- Hands on experience in data management and data analytics – proficiency in analytical tools including Alteryx, Power BI, MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in the Financial Services or other related industry
- Prior positions should have led to a good understanding and hands on experience of Financial & Regulatory Reporting.
- Previous position in IT or technical background with Finance knowledge
- Big 4 experience.
- Broker-dealer experience
- Education / Professional Designation
Required: Degree in Finance, Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting, or related fields
Desired/ Plus: CPA, MBA
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
Conformément son engagement à fournir un milieu de travail sécuritaire pour toute personne accédant à ses installations, à compter du 15 novembre 2021, en vertu de la politique de vaccination contre la Covid-19 Société Générale Canada, seuls les employés pleinement vaccinés seront autorisés à venir au bureau de Montréal et de Toronto
In accordance with its commitment to provide a safe work environment for anyone accessing its facilities, as of November 15, 2021, under Societe Generale Canada's Covid-19 vaccination policy, only fully vaccinated employees will be allowed to come to the Montreal and Toronto offices.