- Experience / knowledge in GMI (AS400 Query), Murex
- Good understanding of Database structure
- Knowledge in Broadridge, PeopleSoft, Alteryx and/or Power BI
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word skills
- Process improvement analysis and business process reengineering.
- Project management skills (planning, budget and resource management, issue handling) and reporting skills
- Understanding of FCM business and operational processes, as well as investment banking products
- Understanding of accounting procedures and back office operations
- Experience with the control process, ability to design/build the control process
- Analytical capability to develop solutions to complex topics
- Able to adjust to new environments and challenges.
- Results oriented
- Interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Team player – ability to work with globally distributed teams
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects concurrently
- Knowledge / experience in the broker-dealer / FCM regulatory reporting space, a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in the Financial Services, particularly within public accounting or accounting engineering.
- Background and understanding/hands on experience of Financial & Regulatory Reporting.
- International banking experience or Big 4 experience a plus
- Broker-dealer experience a plus
- Degree in Finance, Information Systems, or related fields
- CPA, MBA a plus
Languages(other than English):
- French language proficiency a plus
DFIN/DTO (Digital & Transformation Office) is dedicated to the Finance Department (DFIN) to help define its vision and support its transformation. DFIN/DTO oversees the Finance project portfolio and leads business transformation projects.
We partner with IT departments in various systems projects by defining business requirements and oversees the implementation to improve operational efficiency and improve control environment.
DTO also leads various business and digital transformation initiatives for DFIN and plays a key role as a control tower supporting the senior management of the Finance department.
As part of a global team, DTO in Americas (covering U.S., Canada, and Brazil) manages project portfolio with following competencies:
- Accounting, Financial & Regulatory Reporting
- Data Management (Data Quality Assessment and Remediation)
- Digital Transformation (Robotic Automation, Business Intelligence, Machine Learning, etc.)
- Business Development Support and Change Management
Some examples of projects/activities the DFIN/DTO in Americas is engaged are highlighted below:
- Lead transformation initiatives for Finance department (both process enhancement and information systems projects) by providing preliminary studies in all fields – write business requirements and test cases.
- Partnering with IT department in information systems projects that impact the finance department – lead the functional design, benefits analysis, UAT, and change management. Monitor the project execution (project plan, issues resolution / escalation) and provide close support to Finance sponsors during the project life cycle.
- Work closely with global Finance project teams in the global transformation programs - new accounting rules (IFRS, French, or US GAAP) and/or new global process.
- Conduct the studies (strategic, tactical, assessment) as requested by DFIN senior management.
- Lead digital transformation – facilitate implementation of data analytics and BI tools