- Good understanding of FCM business and operational processes
- Strong knowledge and experience in accounting domain – IFRS
- Understanding of accounting procedures and back office operations
- Good understanding of control process and ability to design/build the control process
- Analytical capability to develop solutions to complex topics
- Ability to lead projects and topics as lead analyst
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Team player – work with global teams
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects with aggressive deadlines
Desired/ Plus: Knowledge / experience in the broker-dealer regulatory reporting (FCM)
- Strong understanding of general ledger structure and accounting norm
- Good understanding of Database structure
- Strong Excel, Powerpoint, Word skills
- Process improvement analysis and business process reengineering.
- Project management skills (planning, budget and resource management, issue handling) and reporting skills
- Technical experience / knowledge in GMI (AS400 Query)
- Use concept of Digital Transformation
- Knowledge in Broadridge, PeopleSoft, Alteryx, Power BI
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in the Financial Services, particularly within public accounting or accounting engineering.
- Prior positions should have led to a good understanding and hands on experience of Financial & Regulatory Reporting.
- International banking experience or Big 4 experience.
- Broker-dealer experience
Education / Professional Designation
Required: Degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, or related fields
Desired/ Plus: CPA, MBA
DFIN/DTO (Digital & Transformation Office) is dedicated to the Finance Department (DFIN) to help define its vision and support its transformation. DFIN/DTO oversees the Finance project portfolio and leads business transformation projects.
We partner with IT departments in various systems projects by defining business requirements and oversees the implementation to improve operational efficiency and improve control environment.
DTO also leads various business and digital transformation initiatives for DFIN and plays a key role as a control tower supporting the senior management of the Finance department.
As part of a global team, DTO in Americas (covering U.S., Canada, and Brazil) manages project portfolio with following competencies:
- Accounting, Financial & Regulatory Reporting
- Data Management (Data Quality Assessment and Remediation)
- Digital Transformation (Robotic Automation, Business Intelligence, Machine Learning, etc.)
- Business Development Support and Change Management
Some examples of projects/activities the DFIN/DTO in Americas is engaged are highlighted below:
- Lead transformation initiatives for Finance department (both process enhancement and information systems projects) by providing preliminary studies in all fields – write business requirements and test cases.
- Partnering with IT department in information systems projects that impact the finance department – lead the functional design, benefits analysis, UAT, and change management. Monitor the project execution (project plan, issues resolution / escalation) and provide close support to Finance sponsors during the project life cycle.
- Work closely with global Finance project teams in the global transformation programs - new accounting rules (IFRS, French, or US GAAP) and/or new global process.
- Conduct the studies (strategic, tactical, assessment) as requested by DFIN senior management.
- Lead digital transformation – facilitate implementation of data analytics and BI tools