- Providing legal advice and support to SG’s Global Banking and Advisory (GLBA) team and other departments of the bank in the Asia-Pacific region, including the transaction management of matters in relation to finance activities including lending and asset backed products, and other supplemental legal documentation entered into under or in connection with the above.
- Liaising with external counsel and external bodies including regulators, industry associations, agents and other authorities with respect to the above.
- Keeping up to date with legal and regulatory developments in the finance space
- Reporting and escalating appropriate matters on an ongoing and regular basis to line managers, and liaising with other members of the legal department as necessary.
- Compliance with internal guidelines and procedures, and providing assistance in updating guidelines and procedures which relate to the above activities.
ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
- Degree in law (English or Commonwealth law qualification preferred)
- At least several years’ experience with lending and securitisation activities
- Good communication skills and good command of spoken and written English.
- Problem solving and analytical skills; attention to detail.
- Motivated and able to work independently, while respecting reporting procedures.
- Proficient in legal principles within area of coverage
- Drafts or validates complex legal documents/memos/emails
- Identifies, analyses and solves complex legal issues within area of coverage
- Responds efficiently to complex legal questions raised by business partners or management
- Proactively detects legal risks and takes appropriate initiatives to ensure proper coverage
- Works with extended autonomy and in coordination with other lawyers / teams
- If applicable, is able to effectively supervise the work of other lawyers
- Resolves effectively legal blocking points in negotiations with clients
- Provides support/leadership in crisis situations, applying appropriate procedures
- Able to manage projects, applying project management best practices
- Promotes and suggests, where appropriate, simplification to tasks, processes, legal advice and documentation
- Contributes to monitoring the relationship with law firms efficiently and in a cost-saving manner
- Solid knowledge of SG Group and bank industry
- Establishes and maintains sustainable relationships with business partners
- Establishes prompt / effective resolution of business partners’ issues and organizes follow-up to ensure that problems are resolved
- Takes initiatives to raise legal risk awareness of business partners and other non-legal stakeholders
- Identifies and anticipates the business partner requirements, expectations and needs
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on
- Responsibility - Risk awareness: I am constantly on the lookout for risks
- Commitment - Exemplarity: I embody the Group’s values
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favour the team’s interest over my own results
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
For more information, follow us on LinkedIn @Société Générale or visit our website www.societegenerale.asia.
The Asia-Pacific Legal division has a local presence in China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Australia, Taiwan and Singapore.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.