- University graduate in Finance or Accounting
- Professional accounting qualification
- At least 8 years of relevant experiences in Finance Department in banking industry of which at least 2 years of experience of managerial experience.
- Big 4 audit experiences on banks is an advantage.
Key Skills & Knowledge required:
- Expert knowledge on HKMA requirement
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to translate financial data into meaningful business insights.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with proficiency in written and spoken English and Cantonese.
- Able to analyze any new regulatory requirement related to Finance and relevant impact to the team, present to business line for major changes and drive the team and other stakeholders for the change
- Able to work under pressure, effective management of priorities
- Ability to drive and push topics forward
- Attention to details with financial sense, challenge when there is abnormal evolution or it is unreasonable
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
Finance Service Unit (“DFIN”) coordinates the Finance Line and ensures the Group’s financial production, steering and management via a number of complementary missions:
- support business lines, service units and general management in terms of financial and strategic steering
- ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards and obligations
- ensure monitoring and steering of P&L and scarce resources performance (capital, liquidity, balance sheet) in keeping within strategic objectives and in compliance with regulatory obligations
- maintain financial crisis management plans
- ensure management of structural interest rate, foreign exchange and liquidity risks
- ensure regulatory watch on topics pertaining to scarce resources, accounting and finance.