Description of the Business Line or Department
The Lyxor Funds administration team operates within the “Structured Investor Solutions & Lyxor” (SISL) team of Kleinwort Hambros which administers such structures as private equity funds, open ended funds, hedge funds, fund of funds and securitisation products.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The successful candidate will have a senior role in the Lyxor Fund administration team whilst also being involved with the administration of other funds of the SISL team.
The Lyxor team are predominantly responsible for a group of Jersey regulated hedge funds. Their principal role is the oversight of functions outsourced to Paris and Luxembourg, as well as the Corporate Governance, Company-Secretarial, regulatory and compliance activities required in the administration of Jersey funds. NAV calculations, investor take-on/ dealing and financial accounts preparation are outsourced for these funds but subject to local oversight.
Summary of responsibilities
- To prepare for and lead the committees of oversight covering Fund performance, operational and compliance matters. Critically evaluate information received. Review or draft minutes of meetings.
- To follow up on operational, compliance or other matters arising, liaising with the various teams locally or abroad as well as lawyers, auditors etc.
- Attend oversight meetings of service providers
- Manage the receipt of and review reporting receivable
· CORPORATE GOVERNANCE/CO-SEC
- To prepare for and attend Fund Board meetings including board pack preparation and drafting/reviewing minutes.
- To manage the relationship with auditors and fund accountants, review accounts for filing.
· COMPLIANCE AND REGULATORY
- To monitor compliance with Jersey law and regulations including CIF regulations and outsourcing rules.
- Ensure compliance of the funds with Kleinwort Hambros Risk and Compliance procedures, and other operational procedures.
- Prepare regulatory reporting and notifications.
- Involved with Compliance projects as they arise
- Manage the relationship with the client, meet client expectations and formulate solutions to client issues.
- Coaching, supervision and mentoring of more junior members of the team and conduct reviews of work.
- Cash management, fees, debtor control, invoices and payments.
- Prepare management information
- Any other Fund Administration activities as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.