Understand the Business and Organization :
• Gain knowledge of the business and industry segment of SG-GSC, its clients, suppliers, vendors and competitors; understand SG-GSC's business model, business strategy and business plans to ensure alignment of HR initiatives.
• Establish credibility and build a good rapport with Business Line Heads (clients), the team members as well as with local BL Heads and Managers – external brand building.
• Drive ownership related programs
• Diagnose appropriate solutions; implement them successfully.
• Understand the various nuances of the organizational culture of SG and deliver organizational interventions and strategies that promote SG culture, increase collaboration and alignment of SG-GSC with SG, increase opportunities for innovation and enable a work environment that helps SG-GSC get improved returns.
• Explore opportunities to promote a unified SG culture and drive a culture of growth, accountability / ownership and service orientation.
• Create links between culture and behaviour through appropriate policies and procedures. Monitor organizational behaviour and cultural alignment with appropriate occasions for SG-GSC to reward individuals.
• Deploy and monitor systems that hold people managers accountable for this critical responsibility.
• Drive Commitment related programs
o Establish a good rapport with team members as well as with Operating Heads ALL
o Respond to queries and interpret Policies and Practices of SG-GSC promptly, ensuring little or no escalation of issues to the next level.
o Analyze trends, feedback and suggestions regarding Policies and Practices within SGGSC and compare with industry trends on similar issues and concerns; facilitate discussions on policies and action planning
o Recommend policies and practices to enable quick decision making and deployment
o Build a collaborative, transparent, open and employee friendly environment through Employee connect and communication initiatives. Create and ensure adherence to Employee activity calendars, derive key summary notes, monitor and facilitate Action Planning. Contribute significantly to Organization’s Newsletter
• Enable Business Lines maintain discipline within their teams. As and when required, take appropriate disciplinary action in line with the organization’s policies and practices.
• Work with Business Lines to Orient and induct New Hires into SG-GSC successfully.
• Implement the SG GSC level R& R program there by collaborating with the HR Specialist team.
Performance Management and Talent Development
• Oversee the effective goal-setting and deployment process across Business Lines to ensure business goals are aligned and cascaded throughout the organization.
• Ensure new-hire orientation to Performance Management Process and Tool within one month of their joining.
• Ensure Mid-Year and Annual Appraisal and ACR calendar of events are drawn up and communicated for the year and managed closely viz. kick- off on schedule, tracking progress and timely completion as well as monitor quality of feedback.
• Ensure focus on Balanced Score-card and 360° inputs to most employees.
• Ensure close Management of Performance Improvement Plans for poor performers, track progress; analyze trends and suggest solutions for identified systemic issues.
• Ensure every employee across the organization undergoes a robust Career Discussion. Focus on driving initiatives that enable meeting of a significant number of career aspirations through identifying internal and SG group level opportunities
• Ensure that collated Personal Development Plans identified by individual and their Managers address individual needs as well as the changing needs of the business.
“We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status”.
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.