Experience and technical skills:
- University degree or equivalent education
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Sourcing, ideally in the financial servicing sector and/or in a multinational environment
- Strategic sourcing experience within IT categories
- Good knowledge regarding relevant contract types
- Good supplier and customer relationship management skills
- Very good analytical skills
- Result -and risk -oriented way of working
- Good project management skills
- Excellent communication skills (orally and written), as well as strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Showing agility in a complex environment (matrix environment, different businesses, different geographies, international Group)
- Intellectual integrity and ethics
- Available for regular business trips across Germany
- Fluency in German and English (oral and writing) is essential, French is a plus
As a Senior IT Buyer, located in Hamburg, you will be part of the Sourcing Shared Service Center operating source to contract activities across different Société Générale’s Group entities in Germany located in Hamburg, Frankfurt, Wuppertal, and Munich.
The German Sourcing team is based in Hamburg and Wuppertal and has the aims to optimize costs and to mitigate risks as well as to bring added value to the German entities by ensuring:
- Cost management and synergies across the German entities, i.e. ensure that the entities are receiving best value for money with its external suppliers.
- Prevention of supplier risk, i.e. assessing their financial strength and sustainability; economic non-reliance; insurance coverage; capacity to provide services at specified quality levels as well as to respect all their obligations.
- Contractual security, i.e. ensuring that appropriate contracts are in place.
- Appropriate collaboration with the corporate Sourcing department and operation within the international framework for sourcing.
The team works closely with the support functions, entities and business lines to ensure that the business requirements are met whilst adhering to best practice processes and procedures.