- Ability to apply and challenge principles of risk-based KYC, client risk assessment and the products used in a wholesale banking and institutional broker dealer business
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to partner locally and globally with Compliance, other KYC departments in SG, and business lines
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- An inquisitive nature and ability to spot issues, and address conflicts and escalate issues where appropriate
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to meet time commitments
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to address all issues and concerns are managed properly and timely
- Strong analytical skills and ability to convey results of analysis in well written KYC memos
- 6+ years’ experience in the Financial Services industry in a KYC or AML capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or economics related subjects
- ACAMS Certification a plus
Languages (other than English)
- Proficiency in French, Spanish or Portuguese a plus
Société Générale’s Client Lifecycle and Digital Group (CLD) acts as a transversal client group for all B2B clients and oversees operations and IT associated with the full Client Lifecycle including onboarding, reviews and offboarding. CLD is responsible for implementing and assuring consistent application of SG’s local and global KYC Policies and procedures, FATCA and any other regulatory requirements associated with on-boarding a new client and performing annual periodic reviews of existing clients. Specifically, the CLD department is charged with reviewing all new client requests and determining the required documentation to fulfill regulatory and SG’s requirements.