• 5-10 years relevant work experience, preferably as an Institutional Research Salesperson
• Undergraduate degree or higher in relevant field
• Exceptional writing skills and ability to communicate ideas effectively in the written and spoken word
• Premier organizational skills
• Demonstrated success in the same (Institutional Research Sales) or closely related role
• Ability to cross sell capabilities and make introductions across Societe Generale related to the role including sophisticated trading capabilities, prime brokerage, capital markets and other hallmarks of the Societe Generale franchise in the US
• Ability to manage productivity while simultaneously engaged in regular travel
• A roster of current relationships within the NY area is considered a differentiator among candidates.
• Specifics regarding a history of revenue growth within an assigned territory are welcome
• “Buy -side” references referring to current coverage and skills are also welcome
• The desire to be a part of a premier member of the international financial community, combined with a track record of commercial, global exposure is valued.
Within Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking, the Global Markets Division brings together the Research, Investment and Risk Management Solutions, Execution, Prime Services, Equities, Fixed Income, Futures and Currencies & Commodities structuring capabilities with the objective of providing investors with one integrated multi-asset market solutions team. The Global Markets platform committed to long-term client relationships through value added services and smart solutions. The business uses an advisory and innovation mindset, focused on client needs, with the world leading financial markets engineering team. Global Markets is a leading player in derivatives, unrivaled equity derivatives expertise and #1 in listed derivatives, cross-asset and economic research. Our prime services' offering is a unique combination of execution, clearing, custody and financing services.
The team based in NY is looking for a motivated Sales/Trader to help grow its agency U.S. Equity Execution Business with a focus on program trading and overall electronic trading. The firm’s platform offers equities, options, futures, and ETF abilities in U.S. and foreign markets. This opportunity is for a sales/trader currently responsible for sales of several active and preferably transferable client relationships. Candidates should have strong market and trading knowledge with portable institutional accounts. The ability to cover and grow U.S.-based and foreign clients on U.S. and leading foreign equity markets is the core requirement. Combination of sales and trading with a keen focus on origination.