• 10 years+ experience in running bank wide transformation; change leader in cultural transformation a a plus.
• Strong stakeholder communication skills (with top senior management a plus)
• Knowledge in Data management a plus, such as data privacy, retention, data quality management compliance
• some consultation expertise will be a plus given the data office is a consultancy on all data topics
• Indepth knowledge in operation risk and banks 3 lines of defense would be benefiical, as the candidate will navigate and define controls / procedures / frameworks for Asia to follow.
• Strong business analysis and problem solving skills in identifying customized solutions for different departments & teams
• Pro-active mindset to think outside the box; self-motivated to reach out to market / industry to identify new innovative data ideas into the bank
• Expertise in Agile / Six sigma type of process methodolgy
• Change champion who are willing to break barriers / silo to drive end results will be successful for this role.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
GBSU/DAT oversees the Data management office in Asia, advise on the methodology and process, accompany project managers to leverage on GBIS data capabilities to deliver new capabilities to improve risk management, efficiency, client interaction or business development.
In the past few years data management is a key agenda for most organsiations, with the view that it will a game changer on business value and new business models. Data Management in Asia supports the Asia Chief Data officer and Chief Architect to drive the data strategy of being a data driven organisation.