The role incumbent as the Head of DARE REC, Chennai location is responsible for providing direction and leadership in managing the priority, productivity, resilience (knowledge, capacity) and accuracy of day-to-day operations of the Chennai QTY Operation teams, in accordance with the objectives and plans of the BL for the year.
Primary responsibilities will include (but not limited to) ensure QTY/REC servicing in regions according to the global framework. Report the KPI/KRI vs targets to the global/local stakeholders and raise an alert in anticipation of a burning issue. Ensure to declare/complete the controls (MORSE, GPS…any other) and be at least at 98% completion rate month on month.
Be the point of contact for all audits/inspection as assigned and ensure appropriate answers to their queries within the expected timeframe.
Manage appraisal process (objectives, mid-year review, end of year review), ACR in consultation with Head – QTY Principal and Head – QTY Agency. Ensure local staffing of the team and day to day management of team members (monitoring, coaching, mentoring, cascading etc.).
Take the lead on Continuous Improvement by applying all learning’s through previous experience and empower the team with in-depth knowledge of the Principal recon chain.
The role incumbent, as Senior Manager is specifically responsible for:
Delivery and Operations Excellence:
• Monitoring and ensuring the production quality in terms of the KPI & KRI for REC are in line with global standard and breaks are under control. Ensure collation of daily and monthly KRIs for the perimeter that provides clarity of breaks to all stakeholders and management levels.
• Implement and oversee the execution of Global CI practices as followed globally foQTY/REC and present the CI picture and maturity with the Global head to the relevant Global stakeholders.
• Supervise daily production in the location (Chennai). Review functional split and controls within REC teams to ensure the right model minimizing duplication of effort/control. Create clear back up and cross-training plans between teams along with a robust local governance model.
• Monitor operational risk/reporting and Business Continuity resiliency for critical function of the department. That all controls are performed on time. Understand; educate team on internal control and compliance processes along with and legal and regulatory requirements. Ensure 100% adherence.
• Take the ownership/accountability of breaks and organize/participate in the
Sprint/Prioritization meetings to push for resolution.
• Ensure all documents related to the department/activity is well managed in one central location for easy access and reference.
• Ensure 100% updation of Capacity Management tracker and Weekly WBs
• Lead and/or contribute to transformation projects while ensuring stability for daily production activities.
Client and Relational Excellence:
As the head of QTY/REC Chennai, responsibility is to,
• Update ‘Reconciliations Landscape (Typology, Accounts, Tools)’ for all recon activities performed within the scope of Chennai team to ensure recon as a “control” is implemented for all asset classes being serviced as part of this operation.
• Organize and participate in Weekly, Monthly Governance meetings with stakeholders (QTY, OVS, ITEC, and Break Owners) to give them the visibility on production handled in GSC.
• Maintain a good working relation with Global stakeholders and keep them updated on the issues, concerns and achievement of the team.
• Cascade information’s to the team members on the global strategy and roadmap to keep them involved and interested to deliver.
• Ensure that the level and depth of investigations for recons breaks is of good quality and breaks are allocated to the right break responsible stakeholders after in-depth investigations.
Follow up are done with the break responsible to ensure all breaks are resolved within reasonable time frame.
• Build and maintain a robust organization to have the right level of management oversight for all functions delivered within QTY/REC maintaining a strong “global ownership” model and sustaining its robustness and spirit across existing and new functions.
Change Management and Transformation
• Monitor progress of continuous improvement initiatives and take appropriate corrective actions when required. Establish a strong process of Go & See and White Boarding in OPER.
• Instill culture of the right managerial practices among the managers to change the mindset and be more focused on the process development and improvement to make it more efficient and robust.
• Promote a culture of innovative working to think more and contribute innovative ideas to make processes more efficient and robust.
• Encourage innovation via leading by example and keeping the team informed / encourage to participation on various initiatives ongoing worldwide.
People and Culture
• Ensure the appropriate break down of GSC and BL strategic objectives into operational objectives and ensure sound appropriation and integration across the team.
• Coach and mentor the direct reports to be able to take up challenging roles and responsibilities and guide them to be able to deliver as per the global roadmap.
• Build a performance oriented culture within the perimeter; ensuring the correct message on the significance of merit and contribution is sent across during Reward and Recognition exercises.
• Disseminate critical information, provide periodic up-dates and deliver various organizational communications to the teams in the perimeter as well as address any concerns or grievances.
• Identify/Groom and set the roadmaps for experts in the process for career opportunities.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.