Required Technical Skills:
- Expertise in ‘state of the art’ data network technologies.
- Broad experience in various industry standard and Cisco data networking protocols
- Routing (BGP, OSPF)
- Multicast (PIM, IGMP)
- MPLS (LDP, VPN/VRF)
- Switching (STP, VPC)
- L2DCI (OTV)
- Full working knowledge of Cisco switches/routers
- Nexus 7k/9k/5k/2k/3k
- Catalyst 6k/4k/9k
Desired Technical Skills:
- Data Center relocation and or build out experience
- Working knowledge of Arista switches/routers (7150S)
- Experience with additional L2DCI protocols (FabricPath, VXLAN)
- Understanding of telecom technologies (EPL, SONET, DWDM, Dark Fiber)
- Administration of network monitoring tools (Netscout, Corvil)
- Knowledge of Loadbalancing Technology (Citrix Netscaler)
- Experience with Cloud Virtual Switch/Router
- Capacity to develop Python or Unix shell scripting
- Advanced knowledge of Ansible Configuration Management and Orchestration Tool
- Familiar with Application Program Interface (API)
- Ability to write/develop Ansible modules
- Advanced knowledge of Redhat Linux System Administration
- General knowledge in
- Network Administration (Switching/Routing/Load-Balancing)
- Firewall Administration
- Strong use of concepts: Understands a situation or problem by putting the pieces together, seeing the larger picture. It includes identifying patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, identifying key or underlying issues in complex situations, using creative conceptual, inductive reasoning to apply existing concepts to define innovative ideas. More intuitive than rational approach of situations or problems by first trying to find the abstract meaning of things rather than the concrete nature.
- Analytical capability: Able to break down complex problems into simple manageable units, develops solutions for each unit, and integrates them back into the whole. Can absorb ideas quickly and apply then pragmatically.
- Adaptability: Able to adjust to new environments, work effectively in varied situations and function in changing circumstances with a minimum of confusion or loss of productivity.
- Results oriented: setting goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources available to consistently deliver quality results
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness: is self aware of their own behavior and work style, as well as tolerant of different needs and viewpoints. Demonstrates interest in others opinions and shows consideration, concern and respect for other people feelings.
- 10+ years with the required technical experience listed above.
- Technical lead/Architect for system initiatives within large scale international organization.
- Active participation in industry wide user groups around data networking and market access
- Conducting/participating in product evaluations and performance testing
- Experience in investment banking environment with focus on market access.
- Experience in equity markets external connectivity related to low latency trading, a plus
- Experience in network integration related to merger of two companies, a plus
- Master’s degree in computer science or related
- CCNP Routing and Switching Certification (CCIE is a plus)
- Communication(written, verbal) in English
- French proficiency, a plus
Created in 2009, RESG/GTS (Global Technology Services) is one of the European financial sector's largest shared service centres for IT infrastructures. RESG/GTS currently supports over 85% of Societe Generale's IT infrastructures in France and around the world.
These IT infrastructures include:
- Workstations (PCs, telephones, messaging systems, etc.),
- Computing centres that host the Group's servers,
- IT and telecom networks.
Global Technology Services' various fields of expertise enable it to endeavour to:
- Be a major player in the Group's Digital Transition,
- Ensure the 24/7 quality and continuity of our infrastructures and their resilience to incidents,
- Advise and accompany business lines and functional divisions through their own transformation,
- Provide a diversified and innovative service offer that is customised to the requirements of our internal partners by systematically seeking to optimise costs,
- Accentuate convergence towards RESG/GTS technological standards.
The Technical Foundation Department manages Datacenters & Networks (data, security) and main network services are :
- Internal Corporate Network between Users Offices and Datacenters Server Farms in Americas and connecting to EMEA and APAC Regions
- External Connectivity to Clients, Exchanges and Partners
- Internet Access for Browsing, Mailing, Web Hosting, Remote Access
Network Infrastructures Domains:
- User Campus and Datacenters Local/Metropolitan Area Network connectivity
- HQ and Regional Offices Global/Regional Wide Area Network connectivity
- Internal / External DMZ access points and network connectivity
- Exchanges co-locations low-latency network connectivity
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.