This role for a Senior Procurement & Contract Negotiation Specialist is responsible for evaluating business requirements, leveraging the market place for best available financial and service offerings, as well as negotiation and execution of contracts. They are responsible for the strategic management of the category and to anticipate the business needs both short term and long term.
The position requires a skilled, experienced sourcing professional with general knowledge of the Financial Industry, with an emphasis on IT Infrastructure related purchases (Telecom, Networking Equipment/ Services, Data Center Services, Server and Storage Equipment/Services and End User Equipment/Services) and other related services. Sound knowledge of contractual provisions and structure will be required, along with excellent negotiation and contract drafting skills. Additionally, the individual is required to have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
The candidate for this role will primarily be managing the Infrastructure category of spend. They will, on a project by project basis, be required to address other categories dependent on aptitude and capabilities.
- Strategic Management of Category related spends (Infrastructure) by analyzing the spend, business needs, market and leveraging for the benefit of the internal partners and the bank.
- Manage various deals from a sourcing perspective with a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
- Ability to explain the sourcing process to business partners and enforce the policy and procedure.
- Employ the sourcing process – collect and assess requirements from business partners, evaluate the market (possibly by an RFx process), negotiate and draft within the contract the business and legal terms favorable to SG (incorporate negotiated terms into the contract – redline), execute agreement etc…
- Analyze SG Suppliers (Know Your Suppliers - KYS)
- Support and deliver on Sourcing Group Savings Objectives and other general goals and objectives of the Sourcing Organization.