Senior Product Specialist - Cash Equity Prime Brokerage - Director
Base Salary Range: [$145,000 - $475,000]
Base salary range does not include overtime pay, bonus and/or other benefits, where applicable. Actual base salary offer will vary based on skills and experience.
The Product Specialist team is mandated and accountable to ensure the Global Prime Services Platform remains competitive, relevant and innovative in an ever-evolving business landscape. The team is a central resource for coordination with support divisions (Compliance, Risk, I.T., Legal, Operations) and act as direct liaison to clients, exchanges and third-party technology providers - keeping a pulse on industry landscape and an escalation point for issue resolution. The team is seeking a senior candidate with a proven record of success in growing a cash equity prime brokerage business in a controlled, cost efficient and customer service-oriented manner.
A global team of experienced professionals with deep technical and operational knowledge for Prime Brokerage Products, each team member is expected to hold specialized expertise in one or more products whilst remaining a generalist product resource to assist Sales and management.
These include but not limited to:
- Strengthening the risk monitoring framework in preparation for the growth and scale of the cash equity pb in collaboration with the rest of the RSR team:
- Act as the Expert in all Cash Equity PB Risk, Scarce resource and Profitability matters
- In charge of building a profitable and well diversified cash equity pb portfolio with a risk profile in line with the group’s risk appetite
- Set-up of a new profitability metrics to monitor the activity
- Challenge and revamp our liquidity stress test model assumptions
- Be our liaison with our second line of defense RISQ/HPC to train and educate them on the Cash Equity PB activity
- Leadership. Lead the implementation of a new Risk and Profitability monitoring Framework specific to the Cash Equity PB business.
- Drive new initiatives through leadership and vision definition.
- Assist team members with their Project and Product management takes to ensure delivery of new Prime Services projects ensuring the platform remains competitive.
- Attend Client Sales Pitches to understand their specific needs
- Document procedures and business requirements as required
- Provide training to sales and support staff on new and existing products
- Adapt the new Risk and Profitability Framework to deliver client specific requirements
- Strong Data analytical skills
- Microsoft Office suite with particular focus on Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Tableau or PowerBI
Team members need understanding in the following areas:
- OTC FX, Derivative and Cash Prime brokerage including system deployment and trade flow analysis
- Clearing, Margin and Risk processes
- Client reporting and support
- An understanding of Equity Finance, stock loan/borrow and Rehypothecation
- An understanding of FX electronic market place, confirmation & settlement
- Equity PB agreement, Term Commitment, Arranged Financing Offering
- Equity PB margining Methodology (Reg T, PM, Rules Based models)
Additional skills required:
- Accuracy - strong attention to detail
- Diplomacy and Assertiveness
- Economic understanding of the products traded
- Good communication and organization skills
- Successful candidate must have fitness, propriety and integrity
- 12+ years' experience in Capital Markets running Product Development functions
- The candidate must maintain expertise in equity prime brokerage operations – including trade capture, settlement, margin, risk, and general position lifecycle management.
- The candidate must have a strong understanding of the cash equity PB regulatory constraints for equities and US listed options.
- Ideally, the candidate has experience in developing or working in an environment where arranged financing and rehypothecation solutions were offered to clients.
- The candidate must be comfortable working with international teams across departments. The candidate should be comfortable managing operational, regulatory, and legal queries from multiple regions and stakeholders.
- The candidate must be eager to seek optimization and is comfortable working in a dynamic project environment.
- Work experience in finance, preferably in Prime Brokerage related functions
- High level knowledge of Fixed Income, FX, Centrally cleared OTC or other PB products will be an advantage but not necessary
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Masters or equivalent in a numerate discipline (Engineering / Sciences)
- FINRA Series 3, 7,and 63 at a minimum
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
For more information about our Culture and Conduct initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/careers/get-know-culture/)
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
Societe Generale is an equal opportunity employer, and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. We are committed to recognizing and promoting the talents and achievements of our employees and staff, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, and any other characteristic or status protected under applicable law.